Premed 101 Forums

Life Sciences Program Rank

How would u guys rank these programs in order from best to worst (based on things like prep for med school, quality of student body, ease, quality of education, overall campus life, etc): Western basic med sci, Guelph biomed sci, U of T life sci, Mac Life Sci, Mac Health Sci, Queen's Life Sci, York Biomed sci, Mcgill Life Sci?

How would u guys rank these programs in order from best to worst (based on things like prep for med school, quality of student body, ease, quality of education, overall campus life, etc): Western basic med sci, Guelph biomed sci, U of T life sci, Mac Life Sci, Mac Health Sci, Queen's Life Sci, York Biomed sci, Mcgill Life Sci?

Maclean's is for unis as a whole, theres no ranking for specific programs...

Ya, but it would shed some light on some of the above, such as quality of student body and overall campus life.

If I were to guess, I'd say McGill ranks #1 in all of the above, except maybe ease....but then again, probably still ahead of U of T in that category, from what I've read on this forum lol

I would assume that Mac Health Sci and UofT life sci have the best reputations in terms of excellence and research and other opportunities. I've heard good things about McGill as a university, don't know much about the actual program.

However, one of the valuable lessons I've learned from my years at UofT is that you should probably go to an "easy" undergrad, and get into unis like UofT, Mac, UBC, McGill for med, grad school, and other further education - that seems to count more on your resume than your undergrad.

I would assume that Mac Health Sci and UofT life sci have the best reputations in terms of excellence and research and other opportunities. I've heard good things about McGill as a university, don't know much about the actual program.

However, one of the valuable lessons I've learned from my years at UofT is that you should probably go to an "easy" undergrad, and get into unis like UofT, Mac, UBC, McGill for med, grad school, and other further education - that seems to count more on your resume than your undergrad.

i think the life sci programs are all relatively similar - you should just go to the school you like the best. youll probably do better in an environment you want to be in.

Archived