Premed 101 Forums

Donating DAT Books and Material for FREE to Deserving Students

Dinan

Hi All,

I’m starting this post because I no longer need my DAT study materials since I got into U of T dentistry. To say the least, I could start a mini dental archive with the books I have.

Anyways, the point of me posting this thread is because I want to “Donate for FREE” my DAT materials to a few lucky students (lucky in the sense you get them for free but not because you are attempting to write the DAT since it was a pain in the @$$ LOL).

I wanted to donate back to the predent community because I know that there are several students out there that are truly financially broke/work to support themselves through school/ and possibly struggle a bit with personal issues. I really think that these books should go to those students that are truly in need and can’t afford these books but are also hard working and motivated.

I know that most of you are hard working, and that there are several students on this forum that probably want these books and for that matter, need them however, they SHOULD only go to the few less fortunate students.

Here is a list of the books and material I have (over $600 worth invested):

Kaplan 2007-2008 Edition DAT Prep Guide (Dark Blue)

Kaplan Course DAT Prep Guide (Light Blue from Kaplan Course GOOD!)

Kaplan Lesson Book

IQ Publications Sciences Practice/Study Guide

IQ Publications Soap Carving Practice/Study Guide

IQ Publications Reading Comprehension Practice/Study Guide

Cliffs DAT Test Prep Guide (Yellow)

Lippincott Williams and Wilkins 2001 DAT Prep Guide

Barrons DAT Prep Guide

Kaplan Practice Tests (Full Tests x 2)

Kaplan Review Q-Cards

CDAT Standard Prep Guide

EliteInterview Guide with 250 interview questions.

I think the best way to do this is for people who are truly in need of these books, to private message me and tell me your reasons for needing these books.

Please be honest guys! If you CAN really afford these than let them go to another student who is truly struggling financially. We’re all on this forum to help each other so don’t take advantage of this situation and make up an excuse just to get free books. Try to put yourself in someone elses shoes who want to be a dentist (and try really hard) but lack the financial means to even secure study material for the admissions test.

At the end of the day…. whoever the books are allocated to have to PROMISE that when they are done with them, that they will NOT sell them and do similar to what I am doing now… to donate them to other students that are in need.

I think the best way to do this is for me to break up the books in chunks of what I think will be sufficient material to prep for the DAT since I am somewhat acquainted with the DAT format.

SET 1: Kaplan 2007-2008 Edition DAT Prep Guide (Dark Blue)

IQ Publications Soap Carving Practice/Study Guide

Kaplan Review Q-Cards

SET 2: Kaplan Course DAT Prep Guide (Light Blue from Kaplan Course GOOD!)

Kaplan Lesson Book

Kaplan Practice Tests (Full Tests x 2)

SET 3: Cliffs DAT Test Prep Guide (Yellow)

Lippincott Williams and Wilkins 2001 DAT Prep Guide

IQ Publications Reading Comprehension Practice/Study Guide

SET 4: Barrons DAT Prep Guide

IQ Publications Sciences Practice/Study Guide

CDAT Standard Prep Guide

EliteInterview Guide with 250 interview questions.

That’s all I have to say and am open to your private messages explaining why you need these books… there are four sets of material that will go to four people. I’m not looking for an essay or anything… just a few short words that are legitimate. I’m in Toronto and am on the U of T campus sometimes so I can meet up with you if you guys are in Toronto.

Hope this helps and good luck to all of you in your future dental endeavors.

;)

I have stuff that I can give away as well.

All of the IQ publications books

2 Kaplan Books

There might be more stuff but I'd have to look.

Message me if interested.

hahaha eebee.... glad you could help out as well... the more the merrier:D

Archived