Premed 101 Forums

Official NHL Playoffs Thread

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
yeah Vancouver!!

Vancouver? pffft.... they'll make an early exit. Just like always. Their stars tend to disappear early on in the playoffs... just like San Jose. Besides, they play Luongo waaaaaay too much in regular season, so by the time playoffs come he's just way to tired. Or just not that good :P haha

I'm cheering for Pittsburgh. Been a fan for... well almost as long as I've been an Oilers fan. (Oilers in the West (sadly they aren't in it AGAIN this year:(). Penguins in the East.) I'm also hoping for an early Caps exit. Not a fan of AO at all. It'd be nice if a Canadian team won though. Sens maybe? Or Montreal. Actually, I really hope Montreal makes it past the first round, because that means the Caps are out. haha

I thought it was against the rules of being a sports fan to have 2 teams.

If you're an Oiler's fan you have to stick it out. Although I imagine it must be really tough for you this season.

I'm no better--I'm a Flames fan...

See, the Oilers are #1 by far. But as far as another team winning the cup, I could handle Pittsburgh winning it.

It was pretty tough. Especially since every time I watched in 2010, they lost... although, they also lost quite a bit when I couldn't watch... so it's not like my watching was like a curse or something. haha. I didn't see an Oiler win in 2010 though :(

You're darn right you're no better. Flames? pfffft. I think we need an intervention on your lack of ability to see which team is the better overall team. And it must really.... burn.... for you to not even have a draft pick until the 3rd round at the earliest (or 4th round if you give the conditional to us this year). From what I hear too, this is a pretty decent draft year.... that must just burn a little more ;) hehe

See, the Oilers are #1 by far. But as far as another team winning the cup, I could handle Pittsburgh winning it.

It was pretty tough. Especially since every time I watched in 2010, they lost... although, they also lost quite a bit when I couldn't watch... so it's not like my watching was like a curse or something. haha. I didn't see an Oiler win in 2010 though :(

You're darn right you're no better. Flames? pfffft. I think we need an intervention on your lack of ability to see which team is the better overall team. And it must really.... burn.... for you to not even have a draft pick until the 3rd round at the earliest (or 4th round if you give the conditional to us this year). From what I hear too, this is a pretty decent draft year.... that must just burn a little more ;) hehe

I don't have a choice. I'll be a Calgarian in about 3 months and, by laws of sports fans, you have to be a fan of the team from your city. It's part of the rules.

I don't have a choice. I'll be a Calgarian in about 3 months and, by laws of sports fans, you have to be a fan of the team from your city. It's part of the rules.

Cowtown?! Why the heck are you moving there? Edmonton is where it's at;)

And it's not part of the rules, I know plenty of Oiler fans that live in Calgary... so you can also feel free to join their ranks and cheer for the better team. Edmonton>Calgary. Just in case you didn't know :P

Don't tell me you are going to cheer for the Stamps as well once you move to Calgary.......

Cowtown?! Why the heck are you moving there? Edmonton is where it's at;)

And it's not part of the rules, I know plenty of Oiler fans that live in Calgary... so you can also feel free to join their ranks and cheer for the better team. Edmonton>Calgary. Just in case you didn't know :P

Don't tell me you are going to cheer for the Stamps as well once you move to Calgary.......

HA! Maybe after the Oilers are done "building a team," they can go aim for a 70 point season!

HA! Maybe after the Oilers are done "building a team," they can go aim for a 70 point season!

Haha... good one...(not)

Considering for most of the season our roster was generally at least 1/3 AHL players and we were playing our back up goalies for most of the season... not too bad. Plus when you have CMK (Captain Momentum Killer) taking penalties in the last 5 minutes when you're down by 1 goal... doesn't help the situation. Look at how bad Pittsburgh and Washington were a few years ago... now look at them. Watch for the Oil to do that too;)

Who do you cheer for??

Vancouver? pffft.... they'll make an early exit. Just like always. Their stars tend to disappear early on in the playoffs... just like San Jose. Besides, they play Luongo waaaaaay too much in regular season, so by the time playoffs come he's just way to tired. Or just not that good :P haha

I'm cheering for Pittsburgh. Been a fan for... well almost as long as I've been an Oilers fan. (Oilers in the West (sadly they aren't in it AGAIN this year:(). Penguins in the East.) I'm also hoping for an early Caps exit. Not a fan of AO at all. It'd be nice if a Canadian team won though. Sens maybe? Or Montreal. Actually, I really hope Montreal makes it past the first round, because that means the Caps are out. haha

don't be jealous edm can't seem to ever make the playoffs for the past few seasons :P

Haha... good one...(not)

Considering for most of the season our roster was generally at least 1/3 AHL players and we were playing our back up goalies for most of the season... not too bad. Plus when you have CMK (Captain Momentum Killer) taking penalties in the last 5 minutes when you're down by 1 goal... doesn't help the situation. Look at how bad Pittsburgh and Washington were a few years ago... now look at them. Watch for the Oil to do that too;)

Who do you cheer for??

yeah well, any team with Gretzky in his prime could have won 5 cups.

say what you want. fact is, we're in 2010, so stop living in the past. EDM will not reach it's glory days again, heck even the playoffs... or even 14th spot in the West, anytime soon.

have fun watching your huge plug of a captain play golf this spring and lead your team to nowhere next year again!

say what you want. fact is, we're in 2010, so stop living in the past. EDM will not reach it's glory days again, heck even the playoffs... or even 14th spot in the West, anytime soon.

have fun watching your huge plug of a captain play golf this spring and lead your team to nowhere next year again!

Granted, next year we may not make the playoffs, but in a couple years I can see us being a serious contender.

Bahaha... ok, I totally agree with you there. Not sure why he wasn't stripped of his captaincy this year actually. After your captain says the only reason he was playing hard in a game was because there "were scouts in the building" makes you really wonder what kind of a captain he is:rolleyes:. We don't call him Captain Momentum Killer here just for laughs:p

Ok guys, c'mon here. I thought this was the "Official NHL Playoffs" thread. There should be no Oilers or Flames talk in this thread. If you want you could make an "Official NHL Teams Golfing in April" thread and talk about them there!

And I'm 100% a Canucks fan. That's why I made the point about the cup coming back here and the spike in UBC Med apps.

Lots of upsets tonight. Glad to see Pheonix beat Detroit on home ice, and really glad to see the Sens outplay the Pens to take that game. Would love to see them make a first round exit this year.

Archived