Premed 101 Forums

want to go to meds?

?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. ?

• yes
    • no

I don't think I want to go to med school, and I know I shouldn't, but I'll probably end up doing it because I can't think of anything else *worth* doing... can anyone relate?

I made a poll so you could reply anonymously

Hi,

You shouldn't go to medical school. You haven't discovered(yet) what you truly want.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that on a pre-med forum, the overwhelming majority of the votes will be for "yes".

Lol, quite a risky venture to make a guess like that wouldn't you say? :P

On a side note:

PREMED101 HAS POLL FEVER. Holy smokes and a baseball bat!

hm, two people are not applying?

I bet you it is the PM101 69 ORAL SEX DUO from the Coitus poll! They are of course too busy with other activities to be concerned with med applications!!

why are they even on the forum then? :confused:

LOL, maybe they're not into it that much...

Why does everyone feel like raggin' on the noobs? Besides you don't need a higher purpose to go to med. Its a career like any other. Hell I'm not even sure if I want to be a clinician. (not that I'm getting ahead of myself here...)

Ultimately I think pretty much everyone gets into this profession for its characteristics as a profession, and not because of a "higher purpose", although I'm sure a lot of people will try to fake otherwise. But this guy sounds as if he doesn't even want to do it for those features. It's pretty stupid to do any job you don't like, let alone one that also demands a lot from you like this one.

oh shut up all of you already.

nobody wants to go into "med", everybody wants to go into the highest salaried profession.

currently med = highest salary

if there were a parallel universe where philosophers = highest salary, then most of the people here would be trying to get a phd in philosophy.

..and this forum would be named phil101.

i bolded 'most' because there are some people genuinely interested in med and not just the money.

oh shut up all of you already.

nobody wants to go into "med", everybody wants to go into the highest salaried profession.

currently med = highest salary

if there were a parallel universe where philosophers = highest salary, then most of the people here would be trying to get a phd in philosophy.

..and this forum would be named phil101.

i bolded 'most' because there are some people genuinely interested in med and not just the money.

im pretty sure most of the people dont wanna go into med just for the money... cmon there are other professions that pay higher than average salaries...

I don't think I want to go to med school, and I know I shouldn't, but I'll probably end up doing it because I can't think of anything else *worth* doing... can anyone relate?

I made a poll so you could reply anonymously

I've been there before. I can totally relate.

I would suggest you try volunteering at your local hospital to start. You'll become familiar with the environment (and you'll get a line on your CV, if you do decide to purse medicine). It's better to find out earlier than later, that's for sure!

I've been there before. I can totally relate.

I would suggest you try volunteering at your local hospital to start. You'll become familiar with the environment (and you'll get a line on your CV, if you do decide to purse medicine). It's better to find out earlier than later, that's for sure!

lol you make me laugh... thats the worst advice ever

volunteering at a hospital means you'll be delivering water or helping the nurses... i dont know about other hospitals, but at the hospital I volunteer, I've never got a chance to talk or even see doctors working.

lol you make me laugh... thats the worst advice ever

volunteering at a hospital means you'll be delivering water or helping the nurses... i dont know about other hospitals, but at the hospital I volunteer, I've never got a chance to talk or even see doctors working.

I think many people will agree that getting your "feet wet early" is beneficial.

The volunteer experience is what you make of it. You don't need to talk with a doctor to know that medicine is the right career path for you.

Archived