Premed 101 Forums

Orientation Week... What activities do you do?

Ok, I'm not from U of T - but here's what Dalhousie did when I started:

Day 1: Buddy Dinner potluck (food provided by our second year buddies) at one of their apartments in Halifax, then downtown to socialize with all the buddy groups.

Day 2: Harbour Hopper Tour, Propeller Brewery Tour.

Day 3: Triple Buddy Dinner (at tables with our second year buddy, and their third year buddy) at a restaurant downtown.

Day 4: Live @ 5 (our weekly social event in the student lounge), Harbour Queen Cruise, and out downtown afterwards.

Also within the first month:

- Paintball

- Beach day

- Camping trip & Barn Dance :)

- White Coat Ceremony

- Dean's Reception

- Several free lunches provided by the banks

It was fun :)

M

Ok, I'm not from U of T - but here's what Dalhousie did when I started:

Day 1: Buddy Dinner potluck (food provided by our second year buddies) at one of their apartments in Halifax, then downtown to socialize with all the buddy groups.

Day 2: Harbour Hopper Tour, Propeller Brewery Tour.

Day 3: Triple Buddy Dinner (at tables with our second year buddy, and their third year buddy) at a restaurant downtown.

Day 4: Live @ 5 (our weekly social event in the student lounge), Harbour Queen Cruise, and out downtown afterwards.

Also within the first month:

- Paintball

- Beach day

- Camping trip & Barn Dance :)

- White Coat Ceremony

- Dean's Reception

- Several free lunches provided by the banks

It was fun :)

M

Wouh. Dalhousie sound fun :)

I wonder what UBC provides?

It's a ceremony where you are welcomed into the profession. It's kinda like an early "graduation", where you listen to colleagues in the field give quick inspirational speeches, don the white coat, and recite an oath honoring the integrity and standards of the profession.

It's a ceremony where you are welcomed into the profession. It's kinda like an early "graduation", where you listen to colleagues in the field give quick inspirational speeches, don the white coat, and recite an oath honoring the integrity and standards of the profession.

and then drink?

Archived