Premed 101 Forums

Fail a Course?

Exams are around and people keep blurting out 'omg, i'm gonna fail'. I doubt any of them are going to fail; maybe they'll get a D or something. But that made me wonder...

Has anyone ever failed a course in undergrad and got into medschool?

I'm thinking, only people with 2nd undergrads might've gotten away with that..

I've got a few C's on my transcript, and they seriously impeded my ability to be accepted. I think an F would put a year directly in the toilet, and since a lot of schools look at all courses, it would make things tough. Also, even the schools that look at conditional GPAs often consider your best 2 consecutive years (Dal, Queens I think), so if you got an F in your second year and were trying to apply in 4th year... good luck, because you're screwed both ways.

Exams are around and people keep blurting out 'omg, i'm gonna fail'. I doubt any of them are going to fail; maybe they'll get a D or something. But that made me wonder...

Has anyone ever failed a course in undergrad and got into medschool?

I'm thinking, only people with 2nd undergrads might've gotten away with that..

Hi trymeover, I've never failed a course, but I did get 60 something in second year Organic Chemistry. Failing a course, or even doing poorly in 1 course is not the end of the world. Toronto lets you drop a course each year from your GPA, Western takes the best 2 years, and Queen's takes your most recent 2 years. Just make sure you limit the poor mark to 1 course / year MAX!

Hi trymeover, I've never failed a course, but I did get 60 something in second year Organic Chemistry. Failing a course, or even doing poorly in 1 course is not the end of the world. Toronto lets you drop a course each year from your GPA, Western takes the best 2 years, and Queen's takes your most recent 2 years. Just make sure you limit the poor mark to 1 course / year MAX!

why do you hate western so much? did you get rejected there or something? :confused:

Lol just noticed your name. I had for western but it aint loving me back. (11V? wtf!)

ahahahaha...

it must have been their only interview.

not that that is a bad thing, just in this dudes case because he's being a d-bag.

Archived