Premed 101 Forums

Marijuana

blind_synergy

Smoke?  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Smoke?

• I smoke regularly...
    • I smoke on certain occassions, like parties...
    • I've tried it or would like to...
    • I've never tried it and never will...

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

because the state should let private citizens make their own informed health decisions, instead of treating us like children. i think we should ban motorcycles since there's a higher chance you'll die in accidents, it's disgusting how it's legal really :P

why the hell should marijuana be legalized? all it does is have bad effects on your health.............

because the state should let private citizens make their own informed health decisions, instead of treating us like children. i think we should ban motorcycles since there's a higher chance you'll die in accidents, it's disgusting how it's legal really :P

I'm really surprised that motorcycles AREN'T illegal. Unlike drugs, you could probably easily stop the use of motorcycles by making it illegal. But then where would we get all our organ donors? BTW, I want to get my license later on in life, and it should be my right to take that risk.

You think motorcycles are bad? Don't get me started on doughnuts, they're much more subtle killers.

I agree! I was just being facetious, lol :P

I'm really surprised that motorcycles AREN'T illegal. Unlike drugs, you could probably easily stop the use of motorcycles by making it illegal. But then where would we get all our organ donors? BTW, I want to get my license later on in life, and it should be my right to take that risk.

• 3 months later...
If you are intrigued as to the feeling of using marijuana, you better think twice. You should contemplate the side effects of marijuana otherwise you will surely be sorry for starting to use it.

Here are some of the short-term effects of marijuana:

1. Youths in school will suffer in such a way that they will have failing grades. Some students think that it has a good side effect. But in truth, it may result to memory loss. Meaning, they will have a difficulty retaining the things learned in school. Thus, it can result to their failing grades. Youths who smoke marijuana also tend to drop out of school. They just can't find interest in their studies and will only engage in smoking pot instead of going to school.

2. Increase of juvenile delinquency. Even at a young age, adolescents tend to be so insensitive and hot-tempered as a side effect of marijuana. Usually, marijuana users tend to get into fights. Not just that, because of their addiction, they do everything just to buy the weed.

3. It can cause deadly diseases like lung cancer. A person who is very addicted to marijuana will likely to get sick of different diseases. And worse, they'll die due to lung cancer and other complications. On the other hand, others who won't stop the addiction as soon as possible will lose their good mental state. The “heaven” which they thought that marijuana brings may sometimes bring them to a world of fantasy.

Thus, marijuana has way too many bad side effects. It can destroy a teenager's life and even his future.

So you think about it.

Is someone else going to field this or shall I? Seriously, it's like someone opened a portal to the 1950s.

If you are intrigued as to the feeling of using marijuana, you better think twice. You should contemplate the side effects of marijuana otherwise you will surely be sorry for starting to use it.

1. Youths in school will suffer in such a way that they will have failing grades. Some students think that it has a good side effect. But in truth, it may result to memory loss. Meaning, they will have a difficulty retaining the things learned in school. Thus, it can result to their failing grades. Youths who smoke marijuana also tend to drop out of school. They just can't find interest in their studies and will only engage in smoking pot instead of going to school.

2. Increase of juvenile delinquency. Even at a young age, adolescents tend to be so insensitive and hot-tempered as a side effect of marijuana. Usually, marijuana users tend to get into fights. Not just that, because of their addiction, they do everything just to buy the weed.

3. It can cause deadly diseases like lung cancer. A person who is very addicted to marijuana will likely to get sick of different diseases. And worse, they'll die due to lung cancer and other complications. On the other hand, others who won't stop the addiction as soon as possible will lose their good mental state. The “heaven” which they thought that marijuana brings may sometimes bring them to a world of fantasy.

Thus, marijuana has way too many bad side effects. It can destroy a teenager's life and even his future.

So you think about it.

How did you find this thread? Did you search in marijuana? just wondering cuz its an old thread. :o

So you think about it.

DEA_Museum024.jpg

or suppose, for the sake of argument

1. see benzodiazepines, they cause memory loss as well, but can help people with chronic anxiety better function and excel in academic and social environments, especially with the new (alpha)5IA drug being researched with has been shown to block the amnesia caused by marijuana and benzodiazepines

2. juvenile delinquents are more likely to engage in chronic marijuana use.

3. the person isn't poor and can afford a vaporizer, pure thc with none of the smoke, yum.

case in point, nothing is really black and white, i know lots of well functioning professionals that use drugs, i also know a lot of complete **** ups that use drugs.

So you think about it.

that pic is too funny! here are three more funny ones, the last one was right out of reefer madness, notice that the devil in the first poster (link) is exactly the same as the one in the weed poster, jeez, you think satan would shapeshift or something when he was seducing us with different drugs

2143064401_2bd8610e37.jpg?v=0

DevilHarvest.jpg

what will happen if you smoke too much weed:

ReeferMadness_04.JPG

Archived