Premed 101 Forums

What are we all seeking from life?

Hey guys and gyals, as a tool for procrastinating, pm101 is great. Further, the chance to make new threads is a boon come exam time! :D

So here goes, in the spirit of new discussion threads, I propose: What are YOU looking for in life?

I'll go: I am looking for 1) inner peace(the solid, zen kind of peace which allows you to deal with all things as they arise with grace, acceptance, and deeper understanding), also 2) happiness and meaningful relationships, and 3) love, for the self, and others. And I think, also, 4) to know that I can/am making a difference. You think you could mean something, do something, but at the same time, accept your place with grace and be the best that you can be. To play your role in this play called life with zeal and determination.

Anywho, that's just moi...now it's your turn, should you wish to procrastinate. ;)

I apologize if I come off brutally honest.

1. Top Doc. Salary ($800k?)

2. a wife that turns heads everywhere; from a beach to the 7-eleven

3. to donate half my salary every year for a cause that helps underserved people

nice... though i dont think i would want a wife that turns heads too much, unwanted attention is bad

A wonderful, beautiful woman to grow old with, a rewarding and enjoyable career with an appropriate amount of down time, and plenty of great times and great stories with the best of friends.

And a threesome. That would be sweeeeeeeeeeeeet

In no particular order:

1) Loving wife and family

2) Inner peace

3) Rich enough to buy practically anything without giving the cost a second look

4) Respect from others

5) Prestige (ties in with 3 and 4)

6) Have left a tangible legacy after I'm gone- perhaps a charitable foundation or at least a building with my name

Perfection and happiness. More emphasis on the happiness, though, with my perfect guy in a dream house. And a sense of freedom - I definately want that, forever. A rewarding and powerful career, a closet full of designer + hot clothes, and accessories will bring me joy. Travelling... wow I just stated so many material things, lol.

But really, I just want to be happy and at peace with my life and myself.

In no particular order:

1) Loving wife and family

2) Inner peace

3) Rich enough to buy practically anything without giving the cost a second look

4) Respect from others

5) Prestige (ties in with 3 and 4)

6) Have left a tangible legacy after I'm gone- perhaps a charitable foundation or at least a building with my name

I want this too. Minus the wife - I'd like a hot, smart, intelligent husband.

nice... though i dont think i would want a wife that turns heads too much, unwanted attention is bad

That's true actually. I'd have to workout so much to be able to stare guys any macho guys down if they looked her in the eye.

Pretty weak criteria for a wife, anyway. Wouldn't you rather have a strong, intelligent, and passionate wife than one who is merely attractive? Beauty on its own is so mundane.

Not really. I don't mind her being intelligent, but not intelligent enough to potentially have the ability to leave me and support herself comfortably. She shouldn't cross the threshold of intelligence which allows her to do that.

She needs to be loyal, attractive, moral and my slave.

A wonderful, beautiful woman to grow old with, a rewarding and enjoyable career with an appropriate amount of down time, and plenty of great times and great stories with the best of friends.

And a threesome. That would be sweeeeeeeeeeeeet

Pharrell has ninesomes, and i hear that's actually an understatement.

I apologize if I come off brutally honest.

1. Top Doc. Salary ($800k?)

2. a wife that turns heads everywhere; from a beach to the 7-eleven

3. to donate half my salary every year for a cause that helps underserved people

you are SUCH an inspiring hero.

How would you be able to scrape by with 400K?

Archived