Premed 101 Forums

What are we all seeking from life?

you are SUCH an inspiring hero.

How would you be able to scrape by with 400K?

It's called sacrifice mikey. And I do it to be role model--a role model for the kids, the students, the working class and even the old. And you're not the first to be inspired, neither are you the last mikey. You got lots to learn m'boy.

I apologize if I come off brutally honest.

1. Top Doc. Salary ($800k?)

2. a wife that turns heads everywhere; from a beach to the 7-eleven

3. to donate half my salary every year for a cause that helps underserved people

you are SUCH an inspiring hero.

How would you be able to scrape by with 400K?

Haha, sorry tmo, but 50% of that salary will be going to the gov't instaed ;)

What am I seeking from life?

The answer to life, the universe, and everything.

Right now, the only answer I have is 42......

But that just makes me wonder what the question is;)

i am seeking....

a pre-med who can quote douglas adams

What am I seeking from life?

The answer to life, the universe, and everything.

I wanted to know some of these things too. I took philosophy on campus. The guy added more questions and answered none. I went to talk to him, and asked him if he would actually give us any answers by the end of the course. He laughed and said, "Of all the philosophical problems and paradoxes I've studied over the years, I've found answers to, maybe, two. And even those two are not very 'stable' solutions."

Still, of all the courses I've taken thus far, that one was the most enjoyable.

i am seeking....

a pre-med who can quote douglas adams

This is for you then Adama: I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.

As to what I want in life, I mostly already have it. I have a wonderful husband, who is smart, funny, hard working and a great dad. I have three beautiful, amazing children who make me laugh really hard on a daily basis. I have a comfortable life. And I have the ability to grow and learn every day.

This is for you then Adama: I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.

As to what I want in life, I mostly already have it. I have a wonderful husband, who is smart, funny, hard working and a great dad. I have three beautiful, amazing children who make me laugh really hard on a daily basis. I have a comfortable life. And I have the ability to grow and learn every day.

Awwwh! :) This makes me smile. That's great! That's a real zen answer.

Love, stability, happiness, open and trusting relationships with the people in my life, the ability to give back to my parents what they gave to me at some point, a horse :o (had one at a young age had to sell him at 19) , a rewarding career, a chance to make a difference in peoples lives, and the freedom (financially) to travel and see the world :)

i wanna be either an ambassador or diplomat for a cool country i haven't decided which one yet

i also wanna work for nasa/csa, i think space is outta the question for me because of my eyes, but i'd still like to to help out somehow

I wanna be able to fly a small plane

also I want a bazooka and I want to start a pirate radio station on the ocean.

Happiness, love, good family relationships & friendships, and the ability to inspire other people.

Right now I'd say I am pretty content with my life right now. I'm happy, I have a wonderful family, amazing friends and I hope that somewhere along my line of work/volunteering/relationships with people, I've inspired them or changed them (for the better) in some way.

Now just to find love and to get into med school... :P

I just want to GTL everyday.

But in all seriousness, I am very lucky to be surrounded by a lot of friends, my amazing mom and sister, and a wonderful boyfriend. I want to keep people like this in my life, and meet so many new ones too.

That's basically the bottom line for me, I think. I would love to be in a career that is rewarding and exciting, and lets me give back to others. Things like financial security and success in my field wouldn't hurt either. But they truly are secondary to all of the people that basically make my life as fullfilling as it is.

Hehe, ty!

But my name is actually a reference to an amazing short film/musical by Joss Wheden. Which combines superheros, Neil Patrick Harris, and song. Which is about as positive as it gets. :P

The whole thing is about 40 mins long, and all on Youtube. For anyone who needs a study break, behold:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=apEZpYnN_1g

(That's just the first part. There are 3 acts, but I'm too lazy to post all the links!)

You really are not horrible, dr_horrible, you have good priorities! :)

Consider changing your name in a more positive way. :D

I am fairly comfortable as well - financially secure, great family and friends, a thriving business and a career that affords me the opportunity to make an impact on people. I own my own home and have the ability to travel.

So what am I looking for?

1) Love - someone to share my life with

2) Balance

and of course,

3) admission to med school

here's what I seek,

1. a caring and dependable romantic partner who I can share feelings and my life with

2. a family of my own (I'd like to have 2~3 daughters...strange lol)

3. friends to share laughter with and have good time

4. travel and go fly fishing to some exotic places

5. an accomplishment I can look back on and be proud of

Archived