Premed 101 Forums

UWO Early acceptance

I didn't go to Western for undergrad and I got 2 emails. 1 email (basically a short notice before the real acceptance letter) telling me they are gonna send me formal acceptance letter and then a little bit after, they sent me another email (student # and how to use the student website) which I think is the unrelated email everybody is talking about.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hahaha... honestly.... congratulations to all of you that got early acceptances... you guys are at the top of the class and should pat yourselves on the back:cool:

I have been following the forums for quite sometime now and some people were so worried like chibichibi that it made me nervous just reading the posts. Congrats you deserve it.

bbbCAN, in terms of your deposit.... you might actually be able to get it back should you choose UWO because I remember someone before posting that he got his deposit back before the deadline and if you wanna try... better contact Margaret fast.... that way you can free up some spot for the waitlist people and am sure will make some very happy.

Again... congrats to all of you.... and know all your hard work paid off at the end.

UWO 4th Year Undergrad

cGPA 4.0

Best two year average 96.8%

AA 22

PAT 23

Interview went okay.

I just accepted my offer at UWO! will decline UBC, UofT

UWO DDS 2014

WOW!! You can gt into almost any Canadian med school with these grades. This is solid proof that getting into a Canadian dental school is just as desired and just as difficult as Canadian medical schools.

Congratulations man.

LOL I keep getting lots of PMs for my stats and it takes a while to answer them one by one so I'll post my stats here.

GPA = 3.83

Best 2 years = 89

DAT: 24AA, 27PAT, 22RC

Degree conferred = B.Sc.

Interview = felt like killing myself afterwards.

Seriously after the UT rejection my heart died a little and I wasn't hopeful about Western acceptance either. With my stats, I never even hoped for an early admissions! It's so crazy!

Yo awesome stats. Mad respect.

WOW!! You can gt into almost any Canadian med school with these grades. This is solid proof that getting into a Canadian dental school is just as desired and just as difficult as Canadian medical schools.

Congratulations man.

crazy...when am i ever gonna get in =( lol

WOOOOO!!! Just got early acceptance...I can't believe it...Here are my stats:

cGPA 4.0

(best 2 years= 97.8%)

DAT: 27AA 28PAT 25Carving

Interview: Pretty much blacked out in the interview

goodluck to everyone

Im leaning towards troll on this one! :)

WOOOOO!!! Just got early acceptance...I can't believe it...Here are my stats:

cGPA 4.0

(best 2 years= 97.8%)

DAT: 27AA 28PAT 25Carving

Interview: Pretty much blacked out in the interview

goodluck to everyone

troll 99%...i don't think there's 25 in carving is there? lol and 27 AA? i haven't seen that in canadian DAT for awhile...?

stats:

currently 3rd year

so 2 year average 91%

DAT: AA 24, PAT 21

Interview: was not bad I guess, wasn't too nervous

gl to everyone

Congrats, nice to see a third year get in!

This gives me some hope that maybe the bonus points given out to those with degrees are not that significant?

They actually are quit significant. The only students that get in before completing their degree usually have at least a 90 average, very good interview, and competitive DAT scores (as bbbCAN has shown).

But it's not the end of the world! The time to start worrying is when you apply during 4th year, haha.

thanks! im so happy, not expecting to get early acceptance!!!

i think it was arond a 93 average for best 2 years.. i havent actually calculated it yet

does anyone know when O week is or when/how we will be getting these acceptance packages (ie email, snail mail)??????????

Wow congrats! lol 3.95 is crazy good! Do you know what they converted it to in percent?

They actually are quit significant. The only students that get in before completing their degree usually have at least a 90 average, very good interview, and competitive DAT scores (as bbbCAN has shown).

But it's not the end of the world! The time to start worrying is when you apply during 4th year, haha.

If scales are linearly -which they may not be- every point AA is equal to about 0.8% i believe? In that case bbbCAN would be comparable prior to interview score to a student with about a 94% average? In the past I have seen 3rd year students with 91% and 19AA getting in, but this year I have a feeling that may not cut it for early acceptances and you will really need stellar stats.

i think it was arond a 93 average for best 2 years.. i havent actually calculated it yet

does anyone know when O week is or when/how we will be getting these acceptance packages (ie email, snail mail)??????????

haha congrats! i like it when ppl who already got accepted gets another one =D more spots for us then!!! hahaha :rolleyes:

Congratulations man.

Nah I wouldn't go so far as to say that it's just as difficult - there's the references, the essays, the ECs and a completely different set of interviews (like MMI and then traditional).

It's definitely very competitive but med requires a bit more planning and effort in my opinion - yes yes don't flame me, I'm referring to the majority of schools that only look at GPA, DAT, and the CDA interview (which if you know what attributes they are looking for in each answer, you can prepare very adequatley for - unlike the MMIs and traditional interviews, you have know idea how they score you). I'm aware of schools like McGill that take into account essays and whatnot...for the most part, the dents process is a little easier. Academically I'd say that it's probably harder for those applying for dents though - it just seems like everyone's grades are so damn high!!

Here is some info about O-Week and white coat ceremony:

There is a White Coat ceremony planned for September 3. This is a welcome to the profession (and school) ceremony. Classes begin on Wednesday, September 8. Student orientation (welcome) will most likely start just before Labour Day and continue on during the first week of classes. More details about these and other events will be forthcoming during the summer. Questions regarding any of the above information should be directed to Ms Trish Ashbury, Schulich Dentistry, Room 1, Kresge Building, The University of Western Ontario, London, Ontario N6A 5C1. Phone: (519) 661-3744.

You can check this information on your UWO Studentcenter website.

I'm so excited!! See you in September! Cheers

UWO DDS 2014

I Dont ****ing Believe This.

I Am In!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I Didn't Even Know They Were Coming Out And Wasnt Expecting Anything I Almost Had A Heart Attack.

Hey chibichibi...CONGRATS! I felt so bad when you were turned down by UoT..you were all excited...but hey now you re all rewarded ;).

Congrats to everyone else...if you've been accepted at UoT and western is your number 1 choice..then the UoT waitlisters thank you in advance for being you lol!

Archived