Premed 101 Forums

Hey, do I still have a chance with these marks?

I applied to york, uft(downtown) and ryerson. My first semester average was 73 and my second semester mid term average is 71 :o. Most of my friends have starting receiving offers already from ryerson and other universities and I haven't heard anything yet. My counselor said that the universities received mid term marks last Wednesday and offers usually start going out at the beginning of may. I know its only been 3 days but most of my friends have received offers (with averages around 75-79 range)...I'm really worried...I've been checking the OUAC page constantly. And I'll go to any university :P I like all three programs and campuses. I just don't want to come back next year.

I was reading around and I see most of you are past high school and might have more experience with admissions and stuff. Thanks in advance for any feedback.

here are the programs:

Life science at uft (i know this is a long shot), biology at ryerson (i'd love to go here), biology at york (id consider going there too but ryerson > york if I get offers from both)

OP, what's your top 6 average including the pre-requisite?

If I remember correctly the pre-reqs are English 4U, Biology 4U, Chem 4U, Calc 4U and two more 4U/M courses. (for most life sci programs)

For UT you usually need 80+, but I still say you got a shot at Ryerson and York, so don't give up just yet!

thats wierd

even their websites says that 2009 minimum admission range to life sciences was high 70's >>> http://webapps.utsc.utoronto.ca/admissions/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=94&Itemid=41

minimum is different from mean? lol... I'm sure that the lowest GPA, for example, to get into med might be like a 3.5, doesnt mean is the norm. Your evidence doesnt not contradict prior statements... Robot logic

I guess you missed the difference between UTSG and UTSC.

omg what a lame website... they need to have an easier website... i was on the UTSG website... no idea how i got onto UTSC's website

uhm im not spending another minute searching the stats lol

oh and @ UTpeople, the admission process of life sciences undergrad program is completely different than their medshcool admission process. Please do not compare

85-90 is usually the mean for life sciences doesnt mean a person with an 82 can't get in

You can get into UTSG with a low 80. And its UofT not UFT, just wanted to point that out so u know in the future.

Haha, really? :rolleyes:

If you're going to be splitting hairs, then I should point out that UTSG is not an official abbreviation, either. I'm pretty sure it's:

- U of T (Downtown campus)

- UTSC (Scarborough campus)

- UTM (Mississauga campus)

None of this UTSG, UFT, etc., nonsense, unless you're referring to the UTSG! :P

If it's OK to use UTSG to refer to the Downtown campus, then I think UFT works fine as well.

Archived