Premed 101 Forums

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

still waiting indeed !...haven't heard anything either. I think the next movement will be after other schools' (UofA,UofC, Ontario) offer deadlines force acceptances to become firm (akin to what aquadon said in an earlier post). I thinks UofC's deadline is today, Ontario schools are May 27 and UofA's is May 31.

....this wait is worse than the one for May14 !...anyone want to call admissions today to get some more info (IP and OOP waitlists) ?

I think a second round went out on friday, as those offered a spot on tuesday were given until friday at noon to decide.

I also wish there was more info given (i.e. waitlist position), it is hard to move on because there still might be a chance. It is hard to stay hopeful because the chances are just so slim at this point, so you're stuck in the middle!

Anyone ask if or when the next round of offers might come out....

Just talked to admissions - they release spots on a weekly basis when all the people from that week have had their chance to decline. She said that they might be sending notifications today.

The day of the week that results are released changes every week - depending on when the last offer comes out. But the list isn't released on a real-time basis (i.e. if people who previously accepted decline to go to a school in Ontario their spots will be released along with people on the WL who declined their offer).

Some offers went out today. :( It looks like we can wait another week without refreshing our screens every minute. Looking at the Med 2014 fb group gives me hope though! Only 160 members!

Re: Having people contacted - is it a verifier or a reference that was contacted?

A verifier of mine was contacted in March but clearly that doesn't mean anything.

I have decided I will officially "give up" hope after next Monday. Talking to admissions it really sounded like they only send out offer letters once a week and I think that monday might be a good day with Ontario and Alberta schools finally being due, there may be a few more spots that open up with people declining the offer they originally accepted.

Finger's crossed, I will call again on Monday to see if they release spots. They seemed to be surprisingly helpful last time!

""Finger's crossed, I will call again on Monday to see if they release spots. They seemed to be surprisingly helpful last time!""

So? any info? I am assuming no spots were released as there has been no new posts today. They still have not replied to my email from tuesday.......

I called today and got yelled at by someone who woke up on the wrong side of the bed.

I'll keep checking back here on the off chance someone is accepted, but my hopes and dreams are down the drains at this point. Just going on life as per usual and starting a new application in a few days. :(

my question about being waitlisted, and I hope to hear from those that have been waitlisted, then rejected only to be accepted in the next cycle, is basically how much do you need to change your application to get in after being waitlisted? or how did you improve your application from one cycle to the next?

thanks in advance

ok so I called just now, and got a less than helpful individual who just said repeatedly I can't reveal that.....so I will take that to mean that they have no schedule to release more spots as the spots are filled. She couldn't even tell me when they would be sending out rejection letters.

If we are waitlisted - do we need to hand in final transcripts? I was told we didn't by another student...then I started to wonder...just browsed the UBC site, didn't find anything but I thought I would ask here to confirm.

Its crazy late here, and I am only half conscious so I may have missed something...

If we are waitlisted - do we need to hand in final transcripts? I was told we didn't by another student...then I started to wonder...just browsed the UBC site, didn't find anything but I thought I would ask here to confirm.

Its crazy late here, and I am only half conscious so I may have missed something...

So with the email message we just got online, the answer is yes you do need to send in your transcripts before the 15th or you will lose your spot on the waitlist or in the program.

Likewise I supposed they are holding on to us until all the trascripts or grad reports are in......looks like more waiting for us.....

Archived