Premed 101 Forums

McMaster MD Program: Class of 2013!

Dear Colleagues of McMaster Medicine 2013,

I do not often check this website and recently it has come to my attention that there is a rumor going around about me. Firstly, I would like to say that I will be attending McMaster this August at the Hamilton campus and I am extremely excited to meet everyone! McMaster will be a one-of-kind learning experience, and I anticipate that we will have a blast over the next three years. I plan to work to the best of my ability to become a great, competent, compassionate physician. I hope that everyone who has heard this rumor will be mature and gracious enough to not make judgements based on it, but rather do so after meeting me in person. I assure you that I am not at all what this rumor suggests. =)

I can't wait for August to come around! Enjoy your summer.

-scigirl101

I wish you had been more honest with me during the PM when you asked about the cooky grad student. It was sneaky to pretend to be just interested in the story and happy to welcome me to the class. Honesty would have served you best, and I would have told you everything as is. I also did not appreciate being quoted as a rumour monger (though you did remove that). As I told you before I found out who you were, I did not start the rumour/story - and to be honest, I am not sure if even the people here that have heard of it know the details.

I actually thought the story was largely fake, and it just added levity and excitement to meeting this presumed imaginary person in the class.

I think everyone in our class will be mature enough to give you a fair shake. None of us (least myself), are perfect people.

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I essentially created a profile to respond to this thread and give a picture of who i see this class filled with. It's kind of the reason why I never posted on this forum; people think they know you.

Deeman - smart but lazy brown dude that got his As/A+s with last minute studying. Probably a funny dude.

Itimebomb - evangelical medical student that will want to convert all his future med students to christianity

Nemesis - mcmaster groupie!!

Janny_jan - easy non-asian uwo grad student. does not like being accused of things she did not do

wkim101 - supposed rumour monger and a bit too cocky with his stats! too bad MAC does not give a student a gold medal for top marks! (no more marks buddy!)

scigirl101 - scandal woman extraordinaire! - i heard some of this story as well - there's an article in the sun today that 30% of people cheat (and 15% of married people), so seriously, even if true, what is the big deal?? I don't think anyone was judging the real you at all, and I still don't actually know who you really are.

mizz_lee and panda__eyes - sweetie pies!

jenna_m - the social butterfly of the class!

Quite the class we have going!! :-)

^ that is essentially correct. For me at least....

Whats up with all this scandal business? I miss 4 days and there are things already happening? It couldn't wait 'till class actually started?? lol

EDIT: K just read a PM. I kinda don't get the point. AFAIK premeds are not off limits to med students and vice versa. Anyways don't try to clarify for me cause I really couldn't care any less.

I essentially created a profile to respond to this thread and give a picture of who i see this class filled with. It's kind of the reason why I never posted on this forum; people think they know you.

Deeman - smart but lazy brown dude that got his As/A+s with last minute studying. Probably a funny dude.

Itimebomb - evangelical medical student that will want to convert all his future med students to christianity

Janny_jan - easy non-asian uwo grad student. does not like being accused of things she did not do

wkim101 - supposed rumour monger and a bit too cocky with his stats! too bad MAC does not give a student a gold medal for top marks! (no more marks buddy!)

scigirl101 - scandal woman extraordinaire! - i heard some of this story as well - there's an article in the sun today that 30% of people cheat (and 15% of married people), so seriously, even if true, what is the big deal?? I don't think anyone was judging the real you at all, and I still don't actually know who you really are.

Winner of the Emmy for best drama goes to Mac Meds Class of 2013!

Hahahha this thread is hilarious.

with all the drama going on in this thread, it seems to me that mac meds perpetuates gossip/rumours just as much as mac health sci does!

bravo mcmaster. I blame it on the small group teaching style - it breeds these attitudes :P

(and for anyone who doesn't know any better, this is a light-hearted post. don't hate)

Regardless - lots of people aren't on this forum, and like me, have no clue what is being talked about anyway. And we don't know each others' identities (well, not all of us anyway), so I think we are going to have clean slates come September no matter what is said in this forum!

The entering class stereotypes have been preordained...which one best describes you? :P

2004.06.04.jpg

:D

P.S. If you're visually-impaired, click here! :)

After reading through some of this thread I realized its really not that dramarific compared to some others (read-birth control post or anything in the what are my chances thread)...maybe 3 posts?

So maybe is not Mac meds who are drama...its other people from other classes starting it to break us up before Med games! MAC MEDS 2013 UNITE!

I was just directed to this thread. Read the whole thing. A good read.

Mike! I miss you :(. Just rewrite the stupid verbal and come to mac!

Btw I didn't even read the whole thread. And I'm supposed to be schooling with these guys at mac. Lol

@nemesis: I was going through all those character-types thinking "yea none of that is me" until I got to the last one! :D. Seriously though aren't you guys more worried about getting all the admission stuff done more than this??

...@nemesis: I was going through all those character-types thinking "yea none of that is me" until I got to the last one! :D...

...I was thinking you fell under the "Questionable Admission"! :P:D

Resident: During cardiac catheterization, access is gained from the femoral vein into the heart.

Crappy Clerk: What's the heart?

Resident: ...:eek:...

dee when you start your job at the gap...can i scam the employee discount off ya? I needs me some new jeans..boot cut, dark wash. thx :P

Yea sure! I'm not known for my especially strong sense of ethic anyways. :P

...I was thinking you fell under the "Questionable Admission"!

Haha! I thought a good alternative would be the missing guy. Hopefully people don't actually think I don't deserve my spot. :rolleyes:

...makes me feel ambivalent. ;)

Should I be happy that, so far, my summers have consisted of PM wake-up calls, BBQs, beer and birthday parties? :P

Or should I be ashamed that while my future classmates grind it out, I pretty much have nothing productive to do? :o

OPTION A! definitely... be happy, and have an extra beer for me (and birthday cake?). There is no shame here. Yes, I will be jealous of you and your free time. But I will do it quietly :P (actually i still don't know who you are so i couldn't even direct my envy at you if i wanted to!)

and i think i'll need to start signing my posts as "social butterfly" lol... that kind of made my day

...and have an extra beer for me...

Done! :D

...actually i still don't know who you are so i couldn't even direct my envy at you if i wanted to!...

I've already been outed, by a couple 2013s! :)

There are clues on this very thread! ;)

...that's how mizz.lee figured it out, too! :P

Although, another 2013 used a different approach to figure me out; however, she may have been a detective in a past life! :D

P.S. I may compromise for a cat! ;)

NEMESIS! could your love of dogs and your desire to get a puppy be what gives you away?

hmmmmm I think I may have got it.... better late than never

I dunno... cats make pretty awesome study buddies... (see photo, note textbook in background)

Although there's really nothing like a dog - I am definitely planning to get one as soon as I think I can handle it! Plus it'll keep the cat on his toes...

post-11153-14074479453_thumb.jpg

Just a note to those thinking of bringing a pet with them but are concerned about apartment hunting:

While looking for apartments the other day, I spoke to the superintendent regarding the all too common "no pets allowed" policy. According to her, Ontario law stipulates that tenants can't be turned down because of a pet. Buildings post no pet policies because they hope it will deter pet owners from applying, but they can't legally be prohibited from renting so long as they are responsible for their pet's behavior. That being said, I haven't confirmed this with anyone so take it with a grain of salt. But it's something to consider if you are worried about finding adequate living with your animal partner.

Archived