Premed 101 Forums

How do you take a summer course if you go home during the summer?

Yes but if thats not possible, you can look into correspondence...I know that my school offers a bio course online... although keep in mind its rare to find the course that you want or need.

Also, there are many colleges (maybe near you) that have partnerships with universities.

Uh...seriously?

I would think that the answers to this question are pretty self evident: take the class closer to home, take the class online, commute, don't move home, whatever. Figure out your priorities and do what's best for you.

Or, are you just looking for sympathy that you're in a bit of a pickle and have to make a hard decision? Because if that's the case, then, yeah, it sucks that you have to take a summer course when you want to go home for the summer.

Can you take courses in another university? Are the credits simply transferred to your home university?

Can you take courses in another university? Are the credits simply transferred to your home university?

You need to speak to the department from your own school and ask them if they'd recognize the course if you took it from another school. When I've seen people do this they usually email an academic counselor or the Dean with their questions and reasoning why you can't take it at your own school.

Thanks for all the responses. That's cool there's a chance to go to a different school closer to home... and taking it online seems great!

And I was just wondering, because I read online that some students took courses over the summer, and just wondering what I'd do if I chose to do the same (I'm not in university yet, so I'm not aware of all the opportunities available)...

Archived