Premed 101 Forums

sharing AAMC practice test login info/codes?

darknebula

has anyone had experience splitting the cost of buying the AAMC practice CBTs with someone? how did you work it out? by this i mean that AAMC officially says its a copyright violation to share codes/passwords and that if found, the account will be suspended. i guess they might find out if me and my friend log in simultaneously. but will it work out if he uses all the tests before i try them? his test date is mid-june while mine is late august

any help would be much appreciated! thanks!

has anyone had experience splitting the cost of buying the AAMC practice CBTs with someone? how did you work it out? by this i mean that AAMC officially says its a copyright violation to share codes/passwords and that if found, the account will be suspended. i guess they might find out if me and my friend log in simultaneously. but will it work out if he uses all the tests before i try them? his test date is mid-june while mine is late august

any help would be much appreciated! thanks!

Unfortunately, you're not allowed to ask these types of questions around here..... the AAMC contacted Ian last year or even earlier about all the selling of exams that was going on and free aamc tests that were posted.

It was either get rid of all that stuff or meet the lawyers. I imagine they'd frown on users teaching other users how to get around their copyright laws.

With regards to your question... I have two laptops.... and at one point during my MCAT study was either logged into my account from both.... or quickly one after another... and I was kicked out of my test and given a message about multiple IP's using my account at the same time.

I was able to get back in pretty quickly... but they do try and monitor that type of stuff at least at a basic level it seems.

Archived