Premed 101 Forums

Ottawa & McMaster General Surgery Program

Hi all:

I was wondering if anyone can provide an opinion on Gen Sx programs at Mac and Ottawa.

The information you provide will guide me in making an informed decision about which school to apply to in CARMS.

I'd be happy to live in either city, so the pros and cons of each program will be the primary deciding factor.

Thanks in advance!

Have you done electives in either? That is the best way to get a feel for how the program is.

Realistically, why wouldn't you apply for both? Go to the interviews, take the tours, etc. Then rank accordingly.

Have you done electives in either? That is the best way to get a feel for how the program is.

Realistically, why wouldn't you apply for both? Go to the interviews, take the tours, etc. Then rank accordingly.

Great suggestion. I was trying to gather some information about each school to help me choose which school to set up an elective. I only have time for one elective so I thought I should choose wisely.

If any one has some insights about each school and won't mind sharing, that'll be great help!

You only have time for 1 elective?

Just a suggestion in case this is because you are making your electives too long, but you only need a 2 week, max 3 week elective for carms purposes.

Sorry.

I have one two-week elective spot that I'm currently looking to fill. I've already got stuff set up for the rest of my elective times.

Archived