Premed 101 Forums

Reason for slow wait list movement

From the wait list thread (http://www.premed101.com/forums/showthread.php?t=41902) it appears that the wait list has been moving extremely slowly with only a couple offers a day. Any thoughts about why this is?

I was thinking maybe people are not posting or maybe they are waiting to give people their first choice of campus before making an offer (i.e. if the wait list gets to you but they can't offer you your campus of choice, they will save the spot for you but wait to notify you until they can offer you your campus of choice).

Could it actually be that wait list is moving so slowly because very few people rejected their offer and/or western greatly overaccepted? I would think that if the wait list was moving in 'real time' there would have been a bunch of offers after May 27 but that seems to not be the case. Any thoughts? (also, I know it is mostly speculation, but I am just curious if anyone has any useful info or thoughts from previous years).

Thanks!

Hey, its been posted in several different threads that UWO doesn't overaccept so I don't think the class is full in that sense. Also, if the facebook group is any indication, there is still a large number of seats available.

Furthermore, I've been in contact with Pam at admissions and she had this to say about the waitlist movement: "The waitlist at Western will continue to move throughout this week as we are assured of spots available in the class. Whether the offers come in small or large batches depends on how soon we have the certain acceptance or decline of the responses of those who are offered a position. Our goal is a full class but we also have to make sure we are doing it correctly and fairly. With two campuses we have some extra steps to take that other one campus locations do not."

I'm thinking there is still much waitlist movement to come...it'll just be in small doses so be patient everyone!

Guest postman

How does the UWO Facebook group compare to Facebook groups at other schools? If most other schools have nearly-full Facebook members but UWO does not, this could mean that there are indeed a large number of seats left. If however other schools are also showing relatively few people in their Facebook groups then it's harder to say.

Archived