Premed 101 Forums

Confirmation for the $1000 deposit

Hey guys,

I was wondering if anyone else is still waiting to receive confirmation that the school received the deposit...I sent it a week ago by express and the post office says it's delivered, but I haven't heard from the school. I've called them twice now and they said they would get back to me

:S

Give it time. I dropped mine off in person on the Tuesday after offers went out and I just got confirmation yesterday...so it took about two weeks to get an email. Things are busy and my guess is that until the class is full, or at least there are only a few seats left open, that priorities are going to lie with filling the entrance class rather than admin stuff for the already accepted.

If you are concerned, I would consider emailing rather than just using the phone just so you have a paper trail if something happened. I doubt that anything would happen if something happened to your cheque and it got lost in between the delivery and the bank if you have the slightest bit of evidence that you submitted it on time.

Yeah, it arrived by express post last Wednesday according to the post office, so it's definitely been a week! I emailed them too..so I do have a paper trail. I'm just worried I guess...I don't want them to recind my offer or anything

I got an e-mail from them confirming the deposit yesterday and I handed the cheque in in person last Thursday. I suspect they are still pretty busy with the waitlist but not nearly as busy as May 13th.

I really doubt they would rescind your offer without making a reasonable effort to get the cheque from you.

Archived