Premed 101 Forums

Questions about GPA and rural status

Does anyone know what was the average GPA for accepted individuals for 2009 cycle? My cumulative OMSAS GPA took a nose dive this year to 3.67 so I'm really worried.

I also grew up in North bay which should be considered northern Ontario, but is it rural? I mean 53000 is a big population right? Also if I lived in north bay for 10 years, but my parents moved to Ottawa after I graduated high school while I went to UWO for university, would I still count as being from Northern Ontario?

Hey medtech,

You can find the class profiles here: http://www.nosm.ca/education/ume/general.aspx?id=1248.

Also, I lived in North Bay from 2000-2006, and only moved away for unviersity in 2006, and I'm pretty sure I got the "northern" consideration. When you apply, you have to list all the places you lived and the populations of the places, and how long you lived there, so I'm pretty sure your parents moving away after won't have an affect...because you can still put that you lived in North Bay for 10 years...that has to count for something.

Hope this helps :)

Archived