Premed 101 Forums

Orientation Week Start Date MEDS 2014 Reminder

Hi MEDS 2014!!!!

A HUUGGGEEE reminder that Orientation Week starts on Sept 1st. Registration is from 12-2 so plan your summer holidays, move in dates, etc.

Schedule is set, 90 of the 2nd years will be welcoming you in (the largest o week guide turnout EVER!!!), and the theme and tshirt colours have been chosen!!!!

Hope you are excited!!!!!!!!!! Stay posted to your email in August as more details will be sent out with Chantal!

Spread the word, mark it on your calenders and underline it in red, becuz O Week is something you dont want to miss!!

Love your VP Social!!!

Fabs, it sounds awesome, but honestly I won't truly be excited until I know what the tshirt colors are!

Is this the same registration as 'if you don't show up we will give your spot away'? or is that like on the 7th?

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Meds 2014

Get really really really excited as this year, your end of Orientation week formal will be held at.... (drum roll please)

the Fairmont Chateau Laurier (yes, you got it, the nicest and most prestige hotel in Ottawa, and yes, guests are allowed!)

So plan ahead and save the evening of:

Saturday, Sept 11th

Cant wait to meet you all!!!!

and remember, O week starts a week before classes start (Sept 1st not Sept 7th)

Love your VPSocial :)

FABS

• 1 month later...

Hi everyone!

O Week starts in just over 1 month, I hope you are getting excited!

Stay posted as our first ever, O week website will be launched through the facebook group within the next couple of weeks. On this website, you will find an o week schedule, event details, and your group information for your classmates and your o week leaders!!

Please remember that O week registration runs from 12-2pm on Sept 1st. (Registration is mandatory for participation.) O week ends with our formal dinner and dance at the Chateau Laurier on the evening of Sept 11th!

I cannot wait to tell you more about this amazing week but some things have to remain a secret!

see you all on the 1st! Please dont hesitate to contact me if you have any questions.

love your VP Social :)

Hi everyone!

O Week starts in just over 1 month, I hope you are getting excited!

Stay posted as our first ever, O week website will be launched through the facebook group within the next couple of weeks. On this website, you will find an o week schedule, event details, and your group information for your classmates and your o week leaders!!

Please remember that O week registration runs from 12-2pm on Sept 1st. (Registration is mandatory for participation.) O week ends with our formal dinner and dance at the Chateau Laurier on the evening of Sept 11th!

I cannot wait to tell you more about this amazing week but some things have to remain a secret!

see you all on the 1st! Please dont hesitate to contact me if you have any questions.

love your VP Social :)

This might be a stupid question, but where are we registering on Sept 1?

At RGN?

Hi everyone,

registration is at RGN in the backyard. There will be large neon signs on the day of pointing you in the right direction :)

and yes, uOttawas Medicine O week has a reputation for being one of the best in the country!!!!

• 1 month later...
Guest viscous

Just to re-confirm, we have two "registrations?" one on Sept 1st for Orientation activities and one on Sept 7th for actual med school? Both are equally mandatory?

Just to re-confirm, we have two "registrations?" one on Sept 1st for Orientation activities and one on Sept 7th for actual med school? Both are equally mandatory?

September 1st is mandatory if you're looking to participate in o-week.

September 7th is mandatory if you're looking to keep your seat in medical school.

Archived