Premed 101 Forums

Number of seats

I am a bit confused regarding the number of seats available for NB-students.

1) There are 30 seats at SJ campus. Will there be still some seats at Halifax campus for NB-students? if yes, how many seats?

2) It's a requirement that NBstuds have to attend a university in NB. So, If a nb-student attends university at NS or ON, what will happen to him? Cause it looks like there is no seat for NBstudents at Halifax campus. and for SJ campus, you have to attend a university in NB.

3) Will there be still some seats for NBstudents at MUN?

I would highly appreciate if anyone could reply it.

thanks

Hey there, hopefully I'll be able to clear these questions up for you:

1) There are no longer any NB seats in halifax. All NBmed students will attend the Dal campus at UNBSJ.

2) I believe you may have misinterpreted the requirements, as NB residents are not required to attend a NB uni for their undergrad. What you may have read is that NB applicants are required to attend the Dal MedNB campus in New Brunswick after they are accepted, but I have never heard of any requirements regarding where they attend undergrad. In fact, I am close friends with current med students who were in the NB pool but attended schools elsewhere.

3) There will still be NB seats at MUN. Although it was 10 for this past application cycle, there has been talk for some time about reducing this to 6. I'm not sure what the current status on this reduction is.

Hey there, hopefully I'll be able to clear these questions up for you:

1) There are no longer any NB seats in halifax. All NBmed students will attend the Dal campus at UNBSJ.

2) I believe you may have misinterpreted the requirements, as NB residents are not required to attend a NB uni for their undergrad. What you may have read is that NB applicants are required to attend the Dal MedNB campus in New Brunswick after they are accepted, but I have never heard of any requirements regarding where they attend undergrad. In fact, I am close friends with current med students who were in the NB pool but attended schools elsewhere.

3) There will still be NB seats at MUN. Although it was 10 for this past application cycle, there has been talk for some time about reducing this to 6. I'm not sure what the current status on this reduction is.

Oh thanks. It's now clear to me.

Archived