Premed 101 Forums

Help Please.

Hey Guys,

So I'm going in to my grade 12 year in the fall, and everything is hitting so quick. I was just wondering from your personal experiences what university's you atteneded your program and any other info you can give me. I am deciding between York, Guelph, Waterloo, Queens, Western and UT.

Also I want to start getting some better EC's, so far I have,

115 hours volunteered at Mt. Sanai's surgical skills center,

Coaching a Baseball team,

Play a wide variety of sports in my school,

In many acedemic programs,

and also this summer I will be working as a research assistant for Dr. Zane Cohen and his genetic counseling team full time under a grant.

Let me know!!

Looks like you already have plenty of EC's - just keep it up in university without letting your grades suffer. I don't know enough about the schools to comment, but I do think Queens will be a bit pricey (and not great for scholarships either), so you might want to consider that. You'll want to save as much $ as possible going into med school.

Hey Guys,

So I'm going in to my grade 12 year in the fall, and everything is hitting so quick. I was just wondering from your personal experiences what university's you atteneded your program and any other info you can give me. I am deciding between York, Guelph, Waterloo, Queens, Western and UT.

and also this summer I will be working as a research assistant for Dr. Zane Cohen and his genetic counseling team full time under a grant.

Let me know!!

Wow, how'd you land that? Are you the kid of a VIP?

Hey Guys,

Let me know!!

oh man you're in grade 11 and that's all you've done? you're in trouble buddy

RyGuy123, it sounds like you have already learned how to time manage and network, something I am still trying to learn. Well, I go to Guelph, so PM me if you want more info. Of course I'm biased and think you should come here :P

However, I also have good friends at Queen's in science, so I could make an attempt at being non-biased if you want to know more about Queen's. One thing I do remember is the tricky scholarship cutoffs... got no money from Queen's when I applied haha.

Have you visited the other universities? Honestly that's basically how I made my choice. Looked at Waterloo, Western, Queen's, Guelph, UofT, McMaster, and McGill before even applying. You can make it cheap if you know people in the cities and carpool with friends! Then I looked closely at each program I was thinking of applying to. Make sure to check out all 4 years After that, I was deciding between McMaster, Queen's, and Guelph, but chose my school based on how I felt in the city and on the campus in general. It's where you're going to live for the next 4 years, so make sure it feels like home.

This RyGuy is a troll obviously. Let me quote what he said in another post: "

My Cousin was just rejected.

cGPA 4.0

Mcat 41P

Tonnes of ec's including primary author on three papers.

She's pretty pissed""

No way she must have been a snail at the interview!!

I was proud in grade 11 because my ECs included having a girlfriend and playing hockey.

Don't worry too much. Some applications don't even want to hear about things you did in high school. I'm not saying that getting started early is a bad thing because I almost wish I did, but you knooooooooow.

I was proud in grade 11 because my ECs included having a girlfriend and playing hockey.

Don't worry too much. Some applications don't even want to hear about things you did in high school. I'm not saying that getting started early is a bad thing because I almost wish I did, but you knooooooooow.

Noted, thanks.

Archived