Premed 101 Forums

hmmm...taking a stab at this AMCAS thing...Question about BCPM

alright...

let's see..

I've done some research...maybe someone can help or has had some experience.

Health science courses, or rather, kinesiology courses such as Anatomy and Human Physiology and what not...considered under BCPM or not?

Annnnddd...here's the kicker...the only way to take these courses through my university is through Kine...so no option otherwise...

alright...

let's see..

I've done some research...maybe someone can help or has had some experience.

Health science courses, or rather, kinesiology courses such as Anatomy and Human Physiology and what not...considered under BCPM or not?

Annnnddd...here's the kicker...the only way to take these courses through my university is through Kine...so no option otherwise...

Did you go to UWO?

If you take a look at the AMCAS instruction manual, it says that Anatomy, Physiology and the like are underneath Biology.

Double check to make sure that it hasn't changed from last year.

Hope that helps!

so....it doesn't matter what the course was taken under but rather what the course actually was? is AMCAS smart enough to realize this? (I say this, because after looking at this whole process, AMCAS seems like a complicated piece of crap).

Should I let them know or something?

Or should I just list it under Biology in the courses section?

so....it doesn't matter what the course was taken under but rather what the course actually was? is AMCAS smart enough to realize this? (I say this, because after looking at this whole process, AMCAS seems like a complicated piece of crap).

Should I let them know or something?

Or should I just list it under Biology in the courses section?

AMCAS is actually much more straightforward then OMSAS was imo.

You designate your Physiology or Anatomy course as a Biology course and then you can write your course number as PHYSIOL 3120 and then Course Name: Mammalian Physiology or something along those lines.

There are strict classifications of where classes fall under, and they're all in the AMCAS instruction manual.

Archived