Premed 101 Forums

Number of Offers Western Dentistry gives out (UWO)

Hi All, I am new to this site...and I am just trying to calculate based on the 240 individuals invited for an interview for schulich dentistry at western ontario (UWO) how many individuals are offered admission (waitlist excluded)??

I tried searching this forum for that answer and could not find anything...

Also, to those who have received early acceptances congrats and which of you will be accepting or rejecting the acceptance from UWO class of 2014 DDS program?

Thanks in advance and all your help is much appreciated!!

All the best to those waiting and congrats to those who have been accepted!! Woo hoo!!

so eebee...the total approx. number of offers at this point in time is 56 seats - 15 already given + 30 from the waitlist???

Hmm...

does anyone know if anyone wrote the physiology challenge exam...passed the exam but did NOT get admitted?? Just curious on this one as I wrote the exam...

thanks for all your help everyone!!!:)

The physiology exam has no bearing on your acceptance. Now you are placed in the pool with the other 250 students who interviewed and the top student will be given offers of admission.

Any student who had above 86% and 18RC would have written the physiology exam.

thanks eebee- how did you know all this information about the waitlist? I was going through some threads...and alot of ppl were claiming how western does not tell students their ranking in the waitlist (b/c it is 'confidential') so i was just curious as to how you knew this information...also, if i recall correctly, some students were claiming that the western waitlist barely moves...but your news is good news...moving up to 45 spots into the waitlist...

Sinkay- thanks for the reply.

Yup, pretty much! 56 - 15 + 30 = 71 available spots.

But that's just a rough estimate, so who really knows. Some years they've gone as far as 45 kids into the wait-list....other years as low as 20.

I dun think this is right. All i kno is the total class consist of 56 students. It's best to call the school and ask. Gud luck !

I dun think this is right. All i kno is the total class consist of 56 students. It's best to call the school and ask. Gud luck !

Sorry, you must have misunderstood me.

The class does consist of 56 students, yes...but not every student who gets offered a position takes it. So its not only the top 56 students who get offered positions, its the top 86 or so.

Hey guys,

I really don't see where this thread is heading, but I'll state what I know :P.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the class size consists of 56 students, of which 4 are reserved for International students. Thus the available number of positions is down to 52. From the facebook group, there are 9 students who have accepted their early acceptance so we're down to 43 positions.

Good luck ! =P

i dont understand why from the 2013 stat, the number of internationals is 4 but from the residential status, it's only 1. meh, i know this isn't really a crucial matter. i'm just really tired of trying to predict my chances. it's just impossible to calculate what i think I got on the interview...

reading threads from last yr n seeing some ppl w/ marks like ~91-92 n ~21AA getting waitlisted/rejected, im pretty nervous to know how i did on that damn interview.

world cup is keeping me from going mad :D

Archived