Premed 101 Forums

breaks

How much time do you get off at UofT, first year? - in terms of Winter break, March break, and summer?

also, do most people do medically-related things in the summer (i.e. research, shadow, etc.), or does anyone just relax and/or travel, etc.?

thanks!

thanks

so do we get all of the religious (non-statutory) holidays off? (i assume not...?)

Dang! I interpreted that table showing the non-stat holidays as days off. Guess I was wrong :( I was really excited too, thinking that med school grants us a lot more holidays!

I semi-interpreted it as that as well... because why would she give us a table of different religious holidays - just for knowledge sake?

i dunno, does anyone know for sure?

Er, I don't know for sure, but if you think about it logically.... there would be no time for class if we get ALL of those holidays. And the point of non-statutory holidays is that even though we recognize it as a holiday, we don't get it off

Er, I don't know for sure, but if you think about it logically.... there would be no time for class if we get ALL of those holidays. And the point of non-statutory holidays is that even though we recognize it as a holiday, we don't get it off

I dunno, it's not that much time off :P But yea, that was my primary thought as well

No you definitely don't get the non-stat holidays off. I think they put them there because there are often a number of people who have to miss class because of certain holidays, so I think it's just a reminder that they know about those and don't schedule exams or other important things those days.

And for current students: Have they changed the 2nd year curriculum? What's this MMMD business? What happened to PBD and FMP? I hope they didn't change it too much because 2nd year was already pretty good!

Archived