Premed 101 Forums

Medical School in Ontario and doing Residency in Quebec

What happens if you do your med school in Ontario and you apply for residencies in Quebec.

In Quebec, they have a 20-40% of the applicants grading based on their grades (in Quebec they have A, B, C, D..)...but since I'm in Ontario, I only have a P on my transcript, right.

So let's say during my pre-clerkship I get a P in Ontario...when they will evaluate me for residencies, are they going to put more emphasis on my clerkship comments / grades? Because I could really be disadvantaged since I don't have marks!?

Or will I have to send my actual unit marks?? :eek:

What happens if you do your med school in Ontario and you apply for residencies in Quebec.

In Quebec, they have a 20-40% of the applicants grading based on their grades (in Quebec they have A, B, C, D..)...but since I'm in Ontario, I only have a P on my transcript, right.

So let's say during my pre-clerkship I get a P in Ontario...when they will evaluate me for residencies, are they going to put more emphasis on my clerkship comments / grades? Because I could really be disadvantaged since I don't have marks!?

I think you will be all right, you shouldn't be disadvantaged. At McGill, they have a pass or fail system and they still manage to get into competitive residencies in the French schools.

You won't have to send the unit marks. The offically are not released so there is no way to verify them :)

They will pay attention to clerkship/electives etc which is really where everything is decided. The first two years are just theory anyway - not nearly as useful as hands on for evaulating people :)

Archived