Premed 101 Forums

Prerequisite Courses during Summer

Hi,

I have a question regarding the prerequisites for MD admission in Ontario, especially with the 1 humanity or 1 social science credit. I know some school do not take into account of the GPA for summer school (U of T) but I am just wondering if they still accept the courses taken during summer as a prerequisite?

Thanks

I suspect that you wouldn't be able to apply since you won't have the prereq nor be registered for it on your transcript when applications are due in October.

Maybe if you were already registered in the course for next summer and it was on your transcript somewhere.

is it possible to take a prerequisite course in the summer term prior to matriculation...? (assuming you get conditional acceptance first, of course)

Just to be clear - if you are talking about taking them the summer just before you start med school my understanding is that no you can't as you could fail those those courses for instance and since grades at most schools aren't reported until after med schools start the school would then have a problem - they would have to kick you out, and it would be challenging to find someone else.

If mean do the courses this summer apply in the fall that is fine.

Some schools will let you do the prereqs in your final year while they are evaluating your application. Supafied did that this year with Ottawa for instance but it is school dependent :)

is it possible to take a prerequisite course in the summer term prior to matriculation...? (assuming you get conditional acceptance first, of course)

nope. You can take prereqs in the year you are applying, but they have to be done by the time acceptance emails go out. Your offer would be conditional on providing proof that you completed the courses during that year, not on you completing those courses over the summer.

Archived