Premed 101 Forums

Worst MCAT Score

Hey all, what is the worst mcat score you have seen? My first attempt was really bad, but in my defence I had not studied and I had no idea what to expect, in retrospect I should have voided but hindsight is always 20/20 I guess.. My second attempt was rough as well..

I had 12/4/13 R ....

I don't know where to go from here. I need to rewrite but it is so discouraging. Any comments?

Hey all, what is the worst mcat score you have seen? My first attempt was really bad, but in my defence I had not studied and I had no idea what to expect, in retrospect I should have voided but hindsight is always 20/20 I guess.. My second attempt was rough as well..

I had 12/4/13 R ....

I don't know where to go from here. I need to rewrite but it is so discouraging. Any comments?

you didn't study AT ALL and got a 12 in PS and 13 in BS???????

No, that was my second attempt where I had studied a lot more. My first attempt was trash with 8/6/7 R.

oooooh okay...mis-read that lol...

But ditto what mattg said...practice verbal. I started reading the Economist and Time and other boring magazines for my 2nd attempt, and my score jumped from a 7 to a 10...

But ditto what mattg said...practice verbal. I started reading the Economist and Time and other boring magazines for my 2nd attempt, and my score jumped from a 7 to a 10...

LOL how did you end up getting time to read those boring magazines?

Just use the EK strategy and practice as many passages as possible... trust me, its more useful than reading boring magazines hehe :P

How did you study for the verbal the second time?

The worst I've ever seen was a 4/4/4/M. That was a girl I know who DEFINITELY should not have been shooting for meds. Nevertheless, she went to one of the shadier schools in the Caribbean. I can't recall which one, but I remember the island had a centipede problem...

The worst I've ever seen was a 4/4/4/M. That was a girl I know who DEFINITELY should not have been shooting for meds. Nevertheless, she went to one of the shadier schools in the Caribbean. I can't recall which one, but I remember the island had a centipede problem...

Well atleast she'll be a doctor :cool:

I know a guy from high school who failed the Ontario Literacy Exam twice... hasn't taken a science course since grade 10 applied science... I can't imagine how he would've done on the MCAT, even with studying... anyways, after a few years of community college (or whatever you call those Devry like colleges) for art of something (which he is terrible at), he's now in a Caribbean med school lol... definitely a shadier one... i think the school is trying to move because the country is shutting down lol (it is integrating into some other country, which will apparently ruin the school or something - i don't know the detail)

I disagree with this method of reading the Economist, which many people suggest... i think it is pretty unneccessary, and doesn't help near as much as practicing verbal passages would... there is so much verbal reasoning practice material/tests out there to occupy you - why prepare indirectly rather than directly?

Archived