Premed 101 Forums

Can I be complete for one school, but not for another?

GLO

I.E, if one school has a really easy secondary, and I do it pronto, but another school has a secondary that takes some time, can I submit the first school first and be considered complete there?

Also, what's the difference between complete and verified?

I.E, if one school has a really easy secondary, and I do it pronto, but another school has a secondary that takes some time, can I submit the first school first and be considered complete there?

Also, what's the difference between complete and verified?

Of course you can be complete and at one school, but not another.

Secondaries are all managed by individually by each school.

The only centralized thing you do is the AMCAS primary application (which handles, your PS, your activities list and your LOR assignments)

After you add schools to your application, AMCAS will forward your primary application to each school. Following that, each school will individually send you a secondary application (usually an essay), and then you pay your secondary application fee directly to that school.

To be verified means that your primary application grades have all been checked that and you have an official AMCAS cGPA and sGPA.

To be complete at each med school means that you have submitted back their secondary, the secondary fee and the school has received all the LOR. You are usually notified of completion via a status page on each school's website or via email.

Archived