Premed 101 Forums

Wrap up for 2009-2010 cycle.

Well, looks like the cycle is over for 2009-2010, and it Doesn't seem like any movement for us really post May 15 for waitlists. Ladies and Gents of 2009-2010: We have been to hell and back. Congrats to those who were accepted in the US. To those who were unsuccessful, keep your chin up! The US application system is much easier it seems to correct your faults, so if you really want it, go after it!

For interesting information, I've compiled this list of confirmed applicants for who declined the US for Canada based on signatures and posts (and no, it didn't take very long to compile!). If I missed you, it means you didn't post!:

ChicoMaki: U of Toronto

deeman101: McMaster

emcd: U of Toronto

foregoneconclusion: UWO

keith_015: U of Manitoba

mystery_chick: U of Toronto

Rach: McGill

rmitch8: U of Toronto

sohini10: U of Ottawa

trickybox: UWO

wrighm6: McMaster

Today was a sad day for me. Although I haven't officially withdrawn from Kentucky yet, I got an email saying I was approved for the I-20. I had everything officially ready to go from I-20 to finances to housing (and my mental mindset). I really would have liked to go to that school, but non-financial matters will keep me in Canada. Tomorrow I think I will send them my sad email.

I must say, I'm gonna miss the camaraderie from this forum. I'll still post once and a while I hope. Good luck for the future to everyone whether you attend in the US or Canada, and I hope to run into a lot of you at some point!

Well, looks like the cycle is over for 2009-2010, and it Doesn't seem like any movement for us really post May 15 for waitlists. Ladies and Gents of 2009-2010: We have been to hell and back. Congrats to those who were accepted in the US. To those who were unsuccessful, keep your chin up! The US application system is much easier it seems to correct your faults, so if you really want it, go after it!

For interesting information, I've compiled this list of confirmed applicants for who declined the US for Canada based on signatures and posts (and no, it didn't take very long to compile!). If I missed you, it means you didn't post!:

ChicoMaki: U of Toronto

deeman101: McMaster

emcd: U of Toronto

foregoneconclusion: UWO

keith_015: U of Manitoba

mystery_chick: U of Toronto

Rach: McGill

rmitch8: U of Toronto

sohini10: U of Ottawa

trickybox: UWO

wrighm6: McMaster

Today was a sad day for me. Although I haven't officially withdrawn from Kentucky yet, I got an email saying I was approved for the I-20. I had everything officially ready to go from I-20 to finances to housing (and my mental mindset). I really would have liked to go to that school, but non-financial matters will keep me in Canada. Tomorrow I think I will send them my sad email.

I must say, I'm gonna miss the camaraderie from this forum. I'll still post once and a while I hope. Good luck for the future to everyone whether you attend in the US or Canada, and I hope to run into a lot of you at some point!

Congrats on Manitoba keith! It's been a great year with you guys and I'm really happy about how much success we've all had. :)

ETA: I will be putting in my efforts to figure out who the rest of you 1T4s are ;)

Wow, I didn't realize how many of us were accepted in Canada as well as the US. That's pretty impressive, congrats everyone. :)

It's weird to think that after the past year of interviews and worrying about what's going to happen, we'll all be starting our first year of med in ~2 months. Too bad none of you will be my classmates, would have been fun. :P

Good luck everyone!

Personally, I think it did. It sounds crazy, but I didn't end up having time to prepare for either of my Canadian interviews... got into both. :)

Same. I didn't prepare at all for my McGill interview (though it's an MMI so might be harder to prepare for anyhow), didn't struggle with it at all and got in.

I didn't prepare at all for U of M's MMI either. The US interviews help in so far as any kind of interview would, especially if Cdn interviews are MMI. The main help from the US interview is getting the following US acceptance to take any pressure off your Cdn interviews and further build your confidence.

I felt the exact same way. By interviewing early in the US (and getting an acceptance before christmas), i was able to try some different ideas during my remaining US interviews (would A have been a better example for this situation vs B, etc). I ended doing quite well overall in the US and I walked into all my interviews after that acceptance knowing that I just need to show them who I am because doing so at one place already worked. And yea, I didn't really do any prep for my Cdn interviews (i had done tons of research for my US ones so that helped).

Guest viscous

my ottawa interview was a week later after my st louis interview. I think going to US interviews helped me make a stronger case for myself at canadian interviews. Then had Cornell and Chicago interviews.

well i really wished i had the comfort of knowing i was in at least in some us school before may,but that didn't happen.i only interviewed at Dartmouth and that wasn't until late march and i finally got accepted at Dartmouth off the wait list on may 17th or something,so after my Ottawa acceptance.But Dartmouth was my first interview and it definitely made me more confident for my Alberta and Ottawa interview.

Archived