Premed 101 Forums

What to do

Hey everyone,

Looking for some honest advice. I am 1 year removed from graduating from a Canadian university. I am debating between accepting an offer from an Irish medical school or trying my mcat for a fourth time (my verbal is getting me) as I have a strong 3.9 gpa and above average extra currs. I guess is it better for me to take an offer but risk the uncertainty that comes with going to Ireland or gamble on the mcat and try again in Canada.

Thanks

Hey everyone,

Looking for some honest advice. I am 1 year removed from graduating from a Canadian university. I am debating between accepting an offer from an Irish medical school or trying my mcat for a fourth time (my verbal is getting me) as I have a strong 3.9 gpa and above average extra currs. I guess is it better for me to take an offer but risk the uncertainty that comes with going to Ireland or gamble on the mcat and try again in Canada.

Thanks

What are your complete stats? i.e. year by year break down, complete MCAT breakdown

And what province are you from?

More info needed to guide you through the decision

I'm facing a *similar* but still different situation. I have nowhere near your GPA...in fact it is currently mathematically unattainable, even if I were to do another degree. My MCAT is my x factor. I write it in a week (yikes!).

I know I can be competitive at Australian schools by virtue of my masters degree (currently 1st year in it). I don't know whether or not to apply (and if accepted matriculate) in Australia or take a second degree/formal two year diploma and try for Canada.

Archived