Premed 101 Forums

ipod touch, what size?

iPod touch--generally I find 8 GB to be enough because it's pretty much just music. However, the 32 and 64 GB models have a faster processor. Might want more if you do a lot of video. iPhone--16 GB because GPS apps can take up quite a hunk of space (2-3 GB).

If you're doing the buy-a-Mac-get-a-free-iPod thing, I'd go for the 32 GB though... $110 for a 4x leap in capacity and a faster processor.

I'd get the 16 or 32 gig. I have the 32 and it's almost full. Obviously I don't listen to all the music on the ipod at one time but it's still nice not to have to pick and choose from my itunes playlist. If you have the extra cash, I'd consider getting a larger size

Personally, I find the 16gb to be plenty (for iPhone). I usually have 4Gb free room to add more songs/tv videos when traveling. I can generally delete things that are no longer fresh to keep that ~5GB available. It depends on what kind of person you are... would you pref to have ALL (well at least most) of your stuff on you at all times, or will you be content with certain more commonly used items (i.e. apps/music/ect.) Personally I would be too limited by the 8 gb.

I have a 16gb iphone, and it's been less than half-full for a year now. I could totally do with 8gb.

Btw, I have a brand new, still in the box ipod touch 8gb in my possession! If you wanted to make me an offer, I am willing to let it go for less than what you would pay at the apple store ;)

Archived