Premed 101 Forums

EK 101 Book

Apixaban85

http://www.amazon.ca/Examkrackers-Passages-McAt-Verbal-Reasoning/dp/1893858553/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1276288288&sr=8-1

Just wanna make sure, is this the right book? I only ask because it's dated 2008 so just wanted to make sure that this is still the latest edition

Thanks

That's the one I have :) (Although, looking at the price, I can't believe how much I got hosed at the UofA Bookstore last year:mad:. I need to start looking for books well ahead of time so I don't get hosed....)

Just a word of warning though: the VR scale is wrong in the back of the book (they use the old number of questions they had in the previous edition- before the MCAT went CBT and the VR section had more questions). So you'll have to go onto the Examkrackers website to get the proper conversion chart. (Gave me a heart attack the first time I took a VR test last year... it basically converted to like a 2 or 3 and I was like "oh sh!te... I'm screwed" and then I realized that there were not 60 questions:p. Still converted to only a 6, but it was marginally better than a 2! lol.)

I found using EK 101 really helped me with the verbal. I'm hoping that if I can do more this year, I'll rock it even more (ended up with an 11VR- so a substantial improvement from the 6 on the first EK test! lol). I found it helped to go through ALL the questions- even the ones I got right so I'd understand why my thinking was correct. Dunno if you think that would help you or not.

Good luck!

Archived