Premed 101 Forums

I am also having a size problem that maybe some female UWO meds can clear up. I'm debating between XS and S. I would like to avoid swimming in my lab coat, but I also don't want awkwardly short sleeves. I'm 5'6" and 120 lbs.

Sigh, my life is full of such difficult decisions. :P

anyone know how many people you can bring to the ceremony?

I'm pretty sure yuo can get 3 if you e-mail them and let them know, although that being sad there was still a fair amount of space in the auditorium last year if you wanted to bring more....you didn't hear that from me though haha.

I am also having a size problem that maybe some female UWO meds can clear up. I'm debating between XS and S. I would like to avoid swimming in my lab coat, but I also don't want awkwardly short sleeves. I'm 5'6" and 120 lbs.

Sigh, my life is full of such difficult decisions. :P

hehehe I know, such difficult decisions to make.:P

Not sure how much this would put you at ease, but my roommate is currently in 3rd year and she's about 5'8, I'd say 130, and she got an XS.

they're unisex sizes, so if you're a guy get your regular size, but if you're a girl think about getting a size smaller.

^Good rule of thumb.

Also note that, although the Whitecoats look wicked-cool-awesome...you never really have occasion to wear them after the ceremony.

(Unless you choose to wear them to the dissection lab. I decided to by a blank anonymous labcoat for dissections (as most do) so that my branded Schulich Whitecoat could continue looking wicked-cool-awesome.

I would go Large or xL. I went Large last year (204 lbs, 6ft) and my white coat doesn't fit me. It's sleeves are too short and its tight around the chest and shoulder area. Fortunately I had to miss white coat otherwise it would have been embarrassing. Now, I don't have a white coat although I should talk to admin this year to get another one done..

Hmm, I was thinking of going with a large after it was recommended by one of your classmates but this makes me wonder if that will be big enough. I am 6'3 and about 210 lbs with fairly long arms. Might need to kick it up to an XL. Actually it might be a good idea anyways... I have heard some people complain about how short the coats are that you wear as a med student as opposed to a resident or physician (if you wear one). Maybe having an XL will make it long enough to get me undeserved respect? :D

Hmm, I was thinking of going with a large after it was recommended by one of your classmates but this makes me wonder if that will be big enough. I am 6'3 and about 210 lbs with fairly long arms. Might need to kick it up to an XL. Actually it might be a good idea anyways... I have heard some people complain about how short the coats are that you wear as a med student as opposed to a resident or physician (if you wear one). Maybe having an XL will make it long enough to get me undeserved respect? :D

Yeah I would take that up to XL if I were you :)

Is the White Coat ceremony for Windsor campus kids also in London or is it in Windsor?

Yep, its London. You guys will be in London for the beginning of O-Week until classes start. They billet (give you a place to stay) with UWO med students until you go to Windsor.

London. Have to get everyone together to start the year to meet up!

Oh yay!! That's what I had thought and that's what made sense to me... we are one class after all. :) My Mom (works at UWindsor) thought she had heard something about it being at the Windsor campus/seen students last year for it... but she's also a tad batty so... I trust these responses more, hehe. Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
On the form for our white coats, it says the coats "run large". How large is large? I usually like to buy "bigger" clothes, but I don't want to make an ass out of himself with such a huge coat, haha. I'm about 6'1'', 185-190 lbs, btw. Maybe a medium build?

Thanks.

Hey Nobodycirclesthewagons, what did you end up going with? Large or XL?

Haha, I still haven't sent my white coat form in :P I think I will go with an XL though.

Did you send yours in?

lol, not yet, we have the same build tho... mostly likely sticking with XL as well, but the "coats run large" part throws me off. I wear american eagle XL. Should I just stick to XL or go down to Large?

lol, not yet, we have the same build tho... mostly likely sticking with XL as well, but the "coats run large" part throws me off

LOL, yeah that part is a bit unsettling, but I find everything always ends up being smaller than it should be, so I'm going to guess the same will apply to these coats. If not, I'm sure a few cycles through the washer and dryer will shrink it.

lol, not yet, we have the same build tho... mostly likely sticking with XL as well, but the "coats run large" part throws me off. I wear american eagle XL. Should I just stick to XL or go down to Large?

Well, if you happen to be in london some day, drop by KB 1 (I believe) and they have coats you can try on for sizing. They do, really, run much larger than average lab coats.

Archived