Premed 101 Forums

Reference Letter Question

Two quick questions regarding reference letters. So I work at a long term care facility and have been there for 3 years now. Since its about time i started looking for my reference letters I spoke to my boss and she said she'd happily write me a solid letter whenever I needed one. The only problem is that she never finished high school and isn't exactly grammatically sound. I'm deathly afraid the ad-com will discard the letter thinking it was faked or something like that because of the grammar issues. That brings me to my other question. She told me she writes perfect french, but I don't know if there are any rules regarding french LOR's. I also dunno how U of O would react, and if they would expect me to know french given the fact that the letter is in french:confused:

I don't know about whether French LOR are acceptable (you should call/email the admissions office) but if they are I suggest you get it in French. You declare in your application all the languages you can speak so if you only put down English ad-coms will assume you only know English. If they don't accept French get someone else who knows you as well as to write or have someone write the letter with her (disguise it as you needing the letter to be perfect which is kinda true).

I emailed OMSAS, you cannot have a reference letter in French because majority of the ad-com are English speaking & probably don't know fluent French, (I was looking into it too) :(

I don't know about OOP, McGill would probably be alright with it.

Archived