Premed 101 Forums

Academic Score distribution

No, my friend (who was rejected) had a score just under 40 and had a 3.9+ cGPA. I don't know exactly how they determine the score.

My friend had a score around 40 and had a 3.6 cGPA but he took engineering. I think it's a combination of the difficulty of your program, your best two year GPA and other factors. There's no direct conversion.

My understanding is that your GPA is converted for part of the score, and then there's a subjective component which considers your program, university, courses, course load, trend of grades, etc. for the rest of the score. I don't know how the weighting works in the end, but a straight conversion of your GPA won't tell you much.

I have a sub-40 score, but not too far off, and I definitely do NOT have a cGPA of 3.9. However, I do have an upward trend in grades and completed a Master's degree.

Just trying to give some context...or not...LOL...it is a mystery score and will remain so unless advised otherwise by Admissions. :)

When i applied as a 3rd yr with a ~3.9 gpa I scored 43.91. Im not sure what I scored this year as a 4th yr because i was accepted on may14th. I'm a chem major, my friend who is a math major had a 43ish score as a third year with a slightly lower than 3.9 (3.87 i think). I think this goes to show that they take major into account and reward people that take difficult coursework. Its pretty obvious when people take lower level pysch, phil, etc to boost gpa.

I'm going by memory, but I think I had a 46.xx/50 with a 3.97gpa as a 3rd year.

It's either 44.xx or 46.xx, but i'm fairly positive it's the latter. (I got this from the 15 minutes of mistake; I was also accepted this year on May14)

Maybe they look at your program/year? I'm in a triple honors.

Archived