Premed 101 Forums

Verified and lab components weren't counted

Dice

I was recently verified, and as a U of T student my courses are listed as 0.5 and 1.0 credits (regardless if it has a lab component or not).

So when I was verified, even though I indicated "And Lab" for all my lab courses and checked the corresponding checkbox, each of my credit hours became 3.0 hrs and 6.0 hrs (which does not reflect lab components, which would make my hours 4.0 and 8.0).

I found an old thread on this. This seems to be a U of T issue. The consensus seemed to be to call AMCAS and submit Academic Change Request.

So I called AMCAS, spoke with a few different people. They don't seem very clear on the details of this conversion either. So I submitted ACR with an explanation and a list of the courses I need to have changed. Getting kind of nervous now.

My question:

Anyone else having this problem? Any insights/experience with submitting ACR? If anybody has "aldehyde" or "musicaldna"'s contact info, that would be nice too, as they appeared to have success with getting the hours changed to 4.0 and 8.0.

I was recently verified, and as a U of T student my courses are listed as 0.5 and 1.0 credits (regardless if it has a lab component or not).

So when I was verified, even though I indicated "And Lab" for all my lab courses and checked the corresponding checkbox, each of my credit hours became 3.0 hrs and 6.0 hrs (which does not reflect lab components, which would make my hours 4.0 and 8.0).

I found an old thread on this. This seems to be a U of T issue. The consensus seemed to be to call AMCAS and submit Academic Change Request.

So I called AMCAS, spoke with a few different people. They don't seem very clear on the details of this conversion either. So I submitted ACR with an explanation and a list of the courses I need to have changed. Getting kind of nervous now.

My question:

Anyone else having this problem? Any insights/experience with submitting ACR? If anybody has "aldehyde" or "musicaldna"'s contact info, that would be nice too, as they appeared to have success with getting the hours changed to 4.0 and 8.0.

I did the same thing last year, they denied my change...didn't affect anything. American schools understand how Canadian schools work, so all my courses were 3.0 and 6.0. Don't worry about it, submit your ACR, but don't be worried if it doesn't change.

I didnt even go as far as contacting AMCAS to change it when I applied.

For the secondaries for schools that wanted 4/8 vs. 3/6, i just put them down as 4/8 on their secondary application even though my AMCAS had it listed as 3/6. I was accepted into a school that I did this for on a secondary so no harm!

Dont worry about it.

Archived