Premed 101 Forums

Thesis Completition Deadline?

No I'm applying this coming cycle. So did you send a graduate pacakge? Because on the website it clearly states that the PI has to indicate that you will be complete by June 30th. Also, do you know if its possible to just apply as an undergrad without a graduate package?

I just read on their website that the grad package is required and on this form that the PI has to sign certifying you'll defend by June 30th. Laika- how did you get around this?

http://www.md.utoronto.ca/Assets/ume/Admissions/Graduate+Supplemental+Application.pdf

http://www.md.utoronto.ca/admissions/information/requirements/Graduate_Applicants/The_Graduate_Application_Package.htm

I'm currently a taught MSc student in the UK beginning medical studies at U of T in the Fall. I did not submit a grad package this year and will be finishing up my exams next week (so before June 30th) but am undertaking a program placement/'long essay' submission due before the end of August. I've approved everything with U of T.

When I was concerned about being able to defend my M.Sc. in time, I contacted Deborah at the admissions office and she told me that there was some flexibility with the June 30th deadline as it can be quite difficult to get defenses scheduled. Luckily I got my out of the way on May 31 :)

I just read on their website that the grad package is required and on this form that the PI has to sign certifying you'll defend by June 30th. Laika- how did you get around this?

My PI initially thought I would be able to defend by then, but I couldn't because of scheduling issues with committee members. Ask your Dept/supervisor if it's possible to schedule a June defense, and/or explain your situation to the admissions dept and ask if a July defense is a problem...

Archived