• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rejected.

GPA - 88%

AA - 20

PAT - 22

RC - 22

I don't know what to say, thought the interview went well. Definitely thought I would get waitlisted at least. Stunned & disappointed, but life goes on and second chances do exist. Hurts more when it's the only school you apply to (and can only meet the requirements for). I will try to find out what went wrong.

Rejected.

GPA - 88%

AA - 20

PAT - 22

RC - 22

I don't know what to say, thought the interview went well. Definitely thought I would get waitlisted at least. Stunned & disappointed, but life goes on and second chances do exist. Hurts more when it's the only school you apply to (and can only meet the requirements for). I will try to find out what went wrong.

were u a 2nd/3rd yr? western gives quite a few points to graduates from what i gather

I got in! Glad I am in because this is only school that accepted me. Saved my life.

My stats are

GPA 92.85

AA 22

RC 21

I think I earned quite a few points from Honours degree. they specifically wanted me to fill out the form proving that I am getting my degree.

For those who got waitlisted, best of luck!

were u a 2nd/3rd yr? western gives quite a few points to graduates from what i gather

Yeah, I just graduated yesterday. A day of achievement followed by one of disappointment (sigh). I got the finalized forms in to Western via fax and e-mail on Monday after corresponding with Trish (Miss Ashbury). Lateness was due to waiting on a final grade after a ridiculously late scheduled makeup examination. I've completed 6 years of undergrad now (by 2 universities). Another thing...I can't log in to the site any longer. Is this because I was rejected?

Yeah, I just graduated yesterday. A day of achievement followed by one of disappointment (sigh). I got the finalized forms in to Western via fax and e-mail on Monday after corresponding with Trish (Miss Ashbury). Lateness was due to waiting on a final grade after a ridiculously late scheduled makeup examination. I've completed 6 years of undergrad now (by 2 universities). Another thing...I can't log in to the site any longer. Is this because I was rejected?

aw...did u have 5.0 courses in each of the 2 best yrs? did u have 4.0+ credits over lvl 200 for ur 2nd yr and above?

if u answered yes to both, then i guess it must have been the interview. i know it's "25%" of ur application but i really think it matters more than u think. i mean, i'm waitlisted wayyy high for UofT and i think my marks r higher than avg so..:confused:

the funny thing is, I thought i did really well on that interview!

1 of the 2 best years was a full course load. The other year was just short of a full course load (5 in fall and 4 in winter). I'm unsure of what you mean when you say: "did u have 4.0+ credits over lvl 200 for ur 2nd yr and above"?

You are right, 25% is nothing to look over. I suppose they didn't approve of my style of answering overall. With these interviewers, there is a bit of luck of the draw involved (i.e. giving the same essay to 2 different professors will rarely get you the same grade). I have to say, I prepared well for it though, speaking with current UWO students, other dental students, and dentists themselves.

By the way, thanks for your concern. I appreciate it very much.

Congrats to everyone who was accepted!

To all those waitlisted or rejected, keep your heads up. I have been applying for the last 4 years and finally got in.

My words of advice: The interview is important, don't overlook it.

It may only be 25% at UWO but as you'll see from my stats, it must be a very important 25%

Stats:

21 AA

28 RC

91.8% best 2 years

Interview - must have went much better this time!

Oh, and to all those waitlisted above #26 at Toronto, you will be one spot closer to getting in. As I will be taking my name off the waitlist as soon as I put down my UWO deposit.

Hey, quick question. How long do we have to accept the offer of admission on the student center page?

I'm trying to decide between DAL and UWO and I'd rather not pay the down deposit at UWO, but I don't want my offer of admission to run out either. I will probably end up paying for it, but I thought I'd ask.

Oh, to the people on the waitlist; I'll know for sure by July 5th, so I'll be deciding then. I was on the waitlist last year, I know waiting is excruciating so I don`t want to leave you guys hanging.

Also... when does the waitlist at UWO typically move... when do people typically decline offers of admissionÉ

1 of the 2 best years was a full course load. The other year was just short of a full course load (5 in fall and 4 in winter). I'm unsure of what you mean when you say: "did u have 4.0+ credits over lvl 200 for ur 2nd yr and above"?

You are right, 25% is nothing to look over. I suppose they didn't approve of my style of answering overall. With these interviewers, there is a bit of luck of the draw involved (i.e. giving the same essay to 2 different professors will rarely get you the same grade). I have to say, I prepared well for it though, speaking with current UWO students, other dental students, and dentists themselves.

By the way, thanks for your concern. I appreciate it very much.

in the FAQ section http://www.schulich.uwo.ca/dentistry/index.php?page=FAQ

if u go down u ll see

For applicants applying after completion of an undergraduate degree program it says

Upper years (beyond year 2) should consist of a full course load with 4 of 5 courses equivalent to 200 level or higher

Congrats to everyone who was accepted!

To all those waitlisted or rejected, keep your heads up. I have been applying for the last 4 years and finally got in.

My words of advice: The interview is important, don't overlook it.

It may only be 25% at UWO but as you'll see from my stats, it must be a very important 25%

Stats:

21 AA

28 RC

91.8% best 2 years

Interview - must have went much better this time!

Oh, and to all those waitlisted above #26 at Toronto, you will be one spot closer to getting in. As I will be taking my name off the waitlist as soon as I put down my UWO deposit.

wow u r very persistent n dedicated! congratulations on ur acceptance. ur hard work finally paid off in the end :)

it says 10 business days so i assume 2 weeks.

does anyone kno how to pay the deposit? ie cheque, money order, online etc?

I paid mine thru online. But I think u can send them a money order or you can go der and pay. It is easy and safe to pay it online tho. Money orders and chqz will take a bit of time to reach them unless u send it well in advance.

I paid mine thru online. But I think u can send them a money order or you can go der and pay. It is easy and safe to pay it online tho. Money orders and chqz will take a bit of time to reach them unless u send it well in advance.

How did you pay deposit through online? I couldn't find any instructions...

How did you pay deposit through online? I couldn't find any instructions...

the instructions are online in the UWO site.

U add " University of Western Ontario " as one of ur payee. And use ur student number that they give u as the account number. It's the same as how u pay bills online.

Archived