Premed 101 Forums

Safe to apply? ...

Hello all,

Just wondering if my marks are safe enough to apply for the next cycle.

My GPA is about 3.9 and I have an MSc degree as well with a couple of papers and lots of conference experiences. I have a lot of undergrad research experience, too.

My MCAT is 12 PS, 9 BS and 10 VR. My writing sample mark is R.

Should I re-write the MCAT?

I'm also from London so I guess the SWOMEN cut-off applies to me.

Any help would be great!! If I should re-write my MCAT, I should register pretty soon :(

Thanks a lot!! Have a great day :)

Hi there!

of course no one can say anyone is ever completely safe, but I can say your GPA is well about all historical cut offs (and you might be higher than 3.9 since western is best two years), and your mcat is above all historical SWOMEN cut offs. now you need to make sure you have at least 5.0 credits during each of the two years Western will consider and you should know that in some fashion (we don't know how) the mcat is considered in the final score (so obviously higher is better, but you are still I would be in very good shape there). Also with your GPA you might consider (I won't though as it is only one school) redoing the mcat for Queens.

Western will not directly consider your research/masters except in what ever way it is brought up during the interview.

hope that helps!

Hello all,

Just wondering if my marks are safe enough to apply for the next cycle.

My GPA is about 3.9 and I have an MSc degree as well with a couple of papers and lots of conference experiences. I have a lot of undergrad research experience, too.

My MCAT is 12 PS, 9 BS and 10 VR. My writing sample mark is R.

Should I re-write the MCAT?

I'm also from London so I guess the SWOMEN cut-off applies to me.

Any help would be great!! If I should re-write my MCAT, I should register pretty soon :(

Thanks a lot!! Have a great day :)

hey thanx so much for your reply :)

Do you think my scores are okay enough to apply for other places like Mac and Ottawa? I heard the average GPA of ppl who get into Ottawa is extremely high.

No problem!

You are above the GPA cut off for Ottawa so they will look then at your ECs and decide whether to grant an interview or not.

You are at level people general consider to be competitive for MAC but remember now that VR is considered a key score for that school and you have a 10 (not bad of course but now with VR worth the same as GPA initially getting higher scores are obviously better).

Hope that helps! :)

Archived