Premed 101 Forums

The Official 2010 FIFA World Cup Discussion Thread

tooty

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply
not gonna happen.

Eh, there's a whole other half to play. Robben was too fancy with the ball there at the end. This is the first time a goal has been scored in a world cup match between these two teams in the first half. Holland's just waiting to pounce on 'em in round 2. :P

suarez's red card was totally worth it haha.

ghana deserves to lose for being mega cry babies. one second gyan was writhing in pain and the next he's up and running? gtfo.

Wow, were you in the same bar I was? Because I made two very similar comments.

Suarez is a god now in Uruguay. He sent them through against Korea, and saved them against Ghana. Even though he got kicked out, and he misses the next match, he at least gave his country a chance, and they capitalized. Also, the Ghana team lost that match for themselves. They had a chance to end it on the penalty kick, and after that, they were atrocious in the shootout. Mensah should be ashamed. A one-foot run-up to the ball, even I could have stopped that attempt.

Wow, were you in the same bar I was? Because I made two very similar comments.

Suarez is a god now in Uruguay. He sent them through against Korea, and saved them against Ghana. Even though he got kicked out, and he misses the next match, he at least gave his country a chance, and they capitalized. Also, the Ghana team lost that match for themselves. They had a chance to end it on the penalty kick, and after that, they were atrocious in the shootout. Mensah should be ashamed. A one-foot run-up to the ball, even I could have stopped that attempt.

Yeah I agree. A lot of people are saying that the goal should have counted regardless because of the handball. But on the other hand people are calling Suarez a God because he made the sacrifice for his nation. He at least gave them a chance to win knowing he would be red carded and giving Ghana a PK. If he didn't make the move, they would have lost considering the time left in the game.

I was also hugely disappointed with Ghana's PK. Not Gyan's chance but the shoot out. Like seriously - come on. It's the World Cup, not a game in your backyard. So sad though...I really wanted Ghana to go through :(

Archived