Premed 101 Forums

August 24th MCAT Writers

uvicstudent

Well that was fun. I developed a headache midway through the writing section and it still hasn't gone away.

Overall it wasn't too bad. Calculation heavy PS, good verbal, generic prompts, average BS with little orgo.

I take it the system automatically saves your essays when you run out of time?

Well that was fun. I developed a headache midway through the writing section and it still hasn't gone away.

Overall it wasn't too bad. Calculation heavy PS, good verbal, generic prompts, average BS with little orgo.

I take it the system automatically saves your essays when you run out of time?

Yeah it automatically saves whatever you've written up until the time is up. I thought the Biological section was ridiculously easy, with exception to a few of the non-passage related questions. Writing Sample KILLED me though. I'm not expecting anything higher than an N.

I too thought the PS was difficult -- I ran out of time and there were definitely some blanks scattered about that I wasn't able to go back to.

VR and BS I found fine, and the WS was "okay" overall. The second prompt stumped for a bit and by the time I had organized my thoughts I was running low on time!

All in all...I am really glad it is over. I felt like I wasted an entire summer! :mad:

I took the test also yesterday and can't believe PS took me that long to do. I don't know if I wasn't thinking as clearly as i usually do but i was getting 12-15 on the PS in aamc with 10 min left and this one i basically had to guess on a couple in order to finish. Did you guys think it had more calculations or was i just out o fit.

• 5 weeks later...

Guess no point in getting shy around here, so I spill the beans.

10-BS, 8-VR, 10-PS, P-WR

Everyone walked out of the test, commenting on how easy verbal was while I assumed fetal position in a dark corner suckling on my thumb and sobbed. I reenacted this scene today as well. During class. FML.

Sorry to hear...

This is my nightmare for my Sept 3 MCAT. How did you feel when came out of the test/VR section?

I felt like there were 2-3 killer passages. But I thought that was normal because my other friends came out in previous exams thinking the same way. APPARENTLY NOT. This is my second time rewriting too (first was 9-9-11Q). Does any one know how do med schools (Canada and U.S.) look at multiple rewrites? Clearly I have to write again but it would be more comforting to know that they look at the latest score.

Archived