Premed 101 Forums

exactly :) The admins want you to get settled into the routine of going to class and have time to make friends etc. Sounds perhaps a bit corny but actually it is important.

Plus they have broken the system we used last year, so we have to figure out some alternative/corrective measure ASAP.

Plus they have broken the system we used last year, so we have to figure out some alternative/corrective measure ASAP.

So lectures from the first month or so won't become available on podcast even after administration decides to allow podcasts to go live?

So lectures from the first month or so won't become available on podcast even after administration decides to allow podcasts to go live?

Correct - actually right now the changes that TTS made at that absolute last moment have actually stopped podcasting from working (software installed on the friday just before class started). We are now attempting to compensate :)

Correct - actually right now the changes that TTS made at that absolute last moment have actually stopped podcasting from working (software installed on the friday just before class started). We are now attempting to compensate :)

Understandable. Although the content we are covering is moving quite quickly it is largely MCAT review at this point so I am sure we can survive without podcasts for now. They will be golden once they are available though.

Certainly don't want to rock the boat, but it seems like an awful lot of problems have come up with the VC stuff in the early going. Was there a reason for the change?

I for one am glad that the Windsor class can now also see the London class instead of only themselves on the right-hand screen.

Yeah that is nice - the new camera angle also lets us both see and hear Windsor a lot better as well. I think it is much better - although we are getting tripped up a bit with the questions now :)

Certainly don't want to rock the boat, but it seems like an awful lot of problems have come up with the VC stuff in the early going. Was there a reason for the change?

There was a meeting last year where students, faculty, and TTS discussed their feelings about the VC system and if they wanted any changes. What exists now is a result of changes that have come about as a result of those meetings. Trust me when I say it's set up in a much more transparent way than it used to be, and there are just a few wrinkles getting ironed out with the way it works. You should see the technology involved behind making it work, it's pretty mind-boggling.

Archived