Premed 101 Forums

Gta Applicants

Hey all,

I was just wondering if anyone from the "GTA" has been accepted

into NOSM in recent years? Is it extremely rare? Just wanted to get an idea.

I know a few people who have been brought up in urban areas and are practicing medicine in Northern areas.

Thanks.

Hey all,

I was just wondering if anyone from the "GTA" has been accepted

into NOSM in recent years? Is it extremely rare? Just wanted to get an idea.

I know a few people who have been brought up in urban areas and are practicing medicine in Northern areas.

Thanks.

I am not aware of anyone from a non-Northern urban community who got into NOSM. There may be the odd one that manages to pull it off but they would need to score nearly perfect on the GPA, application and interview to make up for the lost context score.

Just because you know of people from urban areas that are practising in the north doesn't mean they got into NOSM. Everyone has the potential to practise in the north (all an incredible amount of opportunity), but NOSM's social mandate would prevent the vast majority of these individuals from joining the class unless their urban city is Northern.

There is a GTA student at NOSM this year (2014 class) who speaks 0 French and has limited rural/Northern experiences. I have a friend in this class who has shared this information with me. I don't know what their GPA/autobio answers/interview scores were like.

Archived