Premed 101 Forums

Number of seats per school for 2011

pre_doc_2010

Does anyone know how many seats each of the following schools has available for next year?

-UBC

-Toronto

-UWO

-McMaster

-UofA

-Calgary

this is something that you can look up on each of the respective med schools websites... however, I have taken the liberty of doing this... because I was bored.

UBC- approx 290 (including 29 out of province)... this is just a rough guess

Calgary- 170

Toronto- 250

McMaster- approx. 204 (based on the class of 2013)

UofA- approx 170 (based on class of 2014)

UWO-approx 170

good luck

this is something that you can look up on each of the respective med schools websites... however, I have taken the liberty of doing this... because I was bored.

UBC- approx 290 (including 29 out of province)... this is just a rough guess

Calgary- 170

Toronto- 250

McMaster- approx. 204 (based on the class of 2013)

UofA- approx 170 (based on class of 2014)

UWO-approx 170

good luck

Its important to think of which pool you are in rather than the absolute total number of seats. So a better question would have been for you to list your province of origin and place of undergrad and we could have told you how many spots are available to YOU.

Its important to think of which pool you are in rather than the absolute total number of seats. So a better question would have been for you to list your province of origin and place of undergrad and we could have told you how many spots are available to YOU.

on that note... without reading on each website you can assume that no more than 10% of seats will be available to OOP applicants. Often times the schools see approximately 500 applications from OOP applicants so you will need to be a premium applicant to have a shot at one of the OOP seats.

it's good to look into what each school considers to be IP vs OOP as sometimes you can use this to your advantage with some careful planning. statistically speaking you have your best shot when you are considered an IP applicant, but it doesn't hurt to apply everywhere you can (provided you meet eligibility requirements). However, if you clearly don't meet the competitive minimums (ie. a school requires a verbal score of 10 and you hit a 9) then I would suggest using the funds for other pursuits.

good luck.

Archived