Premed 101 Forums

Research/Paper "In Progress"

Can anyone clarify. Thse are the instructions listed by OMSAS for the research category.

Specify your education level, ie: 1st year of university and the title of the project. Indicate the type of publications: paper, abstract and presentation at a scientific meeting etc., accepted or published with a reference, but not submitted or in preparation.

Are we not allowed to list papers that have been submitted or are in preparation. I just want to make sure I am not supposed to list projects which have not yet been published.

Thank you.

I believe this ytopic was thoroughly discuss last year, try a search under in progress. I believe the simple answer is that it is not a publication. It is a submission that may become a publication but we are all students who may become physicians. So, I believe you are out of luck but check that htread for a complete discussion.

Thank you for your reply future_doc. I have another question after looking at some of the older posts. If I am currently working on my thesis but have not completed it yet (just finished year one of my masters) should it be listed under research? If so, how?

Thank you!

Thank you for your reply future_doc. I have another question after looking at some of the older posts. If I am currently working on my thesis but have not completed it yet (just finished year one of my masters) should it be listed under research? If so, how?

Thank you!

I am not sure and perhaps others can chime in.

I imagine if you are doing ongoing research for thesis (topic), you could list it there and no harm, no foul, unless you receive a better suggestion. Perhaps, you should ask the question under the Non-Trad Section to get the correct audience with experience.

Also, I imagine this could be under Formal Education, I mean your Masters Program where perhaps you can indciate Thesis topic.

Archived