Premed 101 Forums

About UofT application

Hey, all!

My friend is applying to UofT dental school this year and she is currently in the process of filling out the form. There is this one section which asks her whether she has "ever failed or been required to withdraw from a post-secondary institution" or not (she has to put a check mark in either 'Yes' or 'No' box). She was not kicked out from school, but did fail 2 of her courses in her first (and the worst) year and one of them was a required course for the program. The calender only mentioned about this issue very briefly and she is now confused.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance!

Hey, all!

My friend is applying to UofT dental school this year and she is currently in the process of filling out the form. There is this one section which asks her whether she has "ever failed or been required to withdraw from a post-secondary institution" or not (she has to put a check mark in either 'Yes' or 'No' box). She was not kicked out from school, but did fail 2 of her courses in her first (and the worst) year and one of them was a required course for the program. The calender only mentioned about this issue very briefly and she is now confused.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance!

I believe she would only tick "YES" in the circumstance that she was expelled from school for a multitude of reasons, or forced to withdraw from school (on her own prerogative), again for a multitude of reasons. Namely, academic probation, lack of payment, personal reasons, etc.

Failed courses will simply show up on her transcript as such.

Archived