Premed 101 Forums

Missed Registration Deadline

Hello forum,

I am a 4th year undergraduate student who is in dire need of some help. I'm new to these forums, so I apologize in advance if I don't follow regular posting protocol.

The short version: I missed the 4.30 pm deadline today for registering for an OMSAS account. I emailed them, will call them tomorrow morning, and will call every University I was planning on applying to tomorrow morning as well. Does anyone have any advice on what else I can do? Did anyone make an account, but is no longer planning on applying?

The long version: I didn't realize I had to make an account this early. I've been crazy busy with work commitments, and didn't try logging on until today. I didn't register earlier because I was under the impression that I could use my account from last year (as is the policy with some other medical school systems like Calgary). When I found out this wasn't the case, I was told I had until midnight on the 15th (today). I tried registering for an account at around 7:00 pm, but that was denied.

I realize this is my mistake entirely, accept full responsibility, and know I sound like an idiot. But all that aside, stuff happens to even the best of us, and the bottom line is that it would be terrible if this is what prevented me from being in medical school next year. It wasn't even the submission deadline!

Anyways, is there any way I can still make an account? Or can I apply to these schools independently? If anybody has any suggestions, tips, advice, or anything, please let me know! Or if you have an account you're not using, please let me know too.

Thanks very much for any words of wisdom people have.

Best,

SciMeds

You have to make your own account before the deadline.

You cannot "take over" someone else's account, and contacting OMSAS or the schools is meaningless at this point.

Sorry to be so harsh, but it's better if you move on instead of wasting MORE time over this incident. Find other schools and apply to them!

Did anyone make an account, but is no longer planning on applying?

Such people exist, but you do not share their name. I think you are dead in the water and have been given the opportnity to kake yourself a strong candidate for the next cycle.

The devil is in the details in all matters great and small, and you have just learned this lesson that you will never forget and use to advantage throoughout your lifetime.

PEACE.

Echoing the other comments, theres practically no chance (and we say this so that we dont give you false hope). Ive also read that taking over an account is also prohibitted (they might be able to check info - not sure on this). Since youve already accepted blame the best thing to do now is move on from Ontario schools and focus on Calgary or US or other schools with later deadlines.

Good luck

Archived