Premed 101 Forums

Question about UBC and Western

Xman

Hello All

I am going to put both of my questions under one thread so I do not pollute the site more than should :)

UBC:

Does anyone know what is their " Grade Point" to "%" Conversion Chart that they use ?

What was their last year's cut off GPA and DAT for the interview of Out of Province Student ?

Western:

What was their last year's cut off GPA and DAT for the interview of Out of Province Student ?

I heard it was 85% but not sure if it is correct or NOT.

Thank you ALL

There is no such thing as out of province applicant for UWO they do not make this distinction nor give any preference, so the cutoff was the same for everyone. Some people claimed it to be around 85-86. I believe some people were waitlisted for INTERVIEW with 84-85? So I guess 86+ should guarantee you an interview. Hope that helps!

There is no such thing as out of province applicant for UWO they do not make this distinction nor give any preference, so the cutoff was the same for everyone. Some people claimed it to be around 85-86. I believe some people were waitlisted for INTERVIEW with 84-85? So I guess 86+ should guarantee you an interview. Hope that helps!

Thanks Doc

I heard of 85-86 as well with the RC of over 18 .

I have a follow up question regarding the conversion of the grades. I knw UWO uses the OMSAS chart :

http://www.ouac.on.ca/docs/omsas/c_omsas_b.pdf

But how do they use this. For example, an A from University of Alberta is marked as 85-89.

Do they take the upper limit 89 or lower 85 or the middle 87 in their calculations ?

Archived