Premed 101 Forums

Advice for bird course

Hi,W

So I have the option of picking one of the two courses: PHYS 1L03, OR MUSIC 1AA3.

The thing is that I've taken PHYS 1B03 before, which is the higher level physics compared to PHYS 1L03. There seems to be a sort of a loop hole in McMaster's courses, as the two physics courses (1B03 and 1L03) aren't pre-requisites, and I'd do really well in PHYS 1L03 as such.

Will schools look at this unfavourably? Will I have to justify my course choice to them?

Hi,W

So I have the option of picking one of the two courses: PHYS 1L03, OR MUSIC 1AA3.

The thing is that I've taken PHYS 1B03 before, which is the higher level physics compared to PHYS 1L03. There seems to be a sort of a loop hole in McMaster's courses, as the two physics courses (1B03 and 1L03) aren't pre-requisites, and I'd do really well in PHYS 1L03 as such.

Will schools look at this unfavourably? Will I have to justify my course choice to them?

Are you sure there aren't "exclusions" listed somewhere?

e.g I took an intro animal physiology course, with a focus on mammals, and was excluded from registering for the human physiology one, because they were too similar.

I'd look into that. But if your university lets you take both, I see no reason at all why the med school would care.

Archived